My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Bacon Brownies and Avocado Chocolate Cake? Say what?

Thursday, July 16, 2009 Posted by Rita A


I am very mystified by all the ways bacon has been showing up as ingredients in the weirdest taste combinations. I love bacon by itself and it will be interesting to try some of these recipes. I found a recipe this morning for Bacon Brownies at the examiner.com. The recipe features a slideshow of the baking process too. It seems simple enough with the use of a brownie mix. The recipe is on my list to try.

Here is another bacon recipe for French Toast and Bacon cupcakes with Maple buttercream frosting from the Busty Baker. These sound delish. Like having breakfast in a cupcake. I definitely will try this recipe.

The strangest combination I have seen so far does not involve bacon but it does contain avocado. I read about this vegan recipe featured at Joy the baker. Are you ready? It is for a Vegan Chocolate Avocado Cake. Yes avocado in the cake and the frosting is avocado buttercream. You have to see it to believe it. Any vegans out there willing to try this one? I have no more words for this recipe.

0 comments: