My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Love the Sweet Summer Strawberry

Monday, July 20, 2009 Posted by Rita A

Here in California we have many strawberry fields with little wooden stands selling the sweet fresh-picked strawberries. There is one stand I am fond of with a wooden cut out of a strawberry man that just makes me smile every time I drive past it. I was searching on my favorite site foodgawker this morning and found some interesting strawberry recipes.

Crumb City blog has a Strawberry Margarita Pie made with a pretzel crust, sweetened condensed milk, strawberries and Tequila. Yes Tequila. This is not a pie for the kiddies. I love in the recipe it states tequila to taste. This is a frozen pie recipe which would be so cooling in the summer heat.


Snippets blog created a cold Strawberry and Spice Soup from a Taste of Home recipe. It contains cinnamon and cloves paired with the strawberries. I love the photos of the soup presentation. Very refreshing looking soup.


Interesting recipe for today: Spaghetti with Strawberries. cookthink has a very simple recipe using strawberries, pasta, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pecorino cheese to create this intriguing dish. Apparently the balsamic vinegar takes away some sweetness of the strawberry making it a more complex flavor. This dish is served warm.

Try a taste of summer sweetness today.

0 comments: