My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

National Vanilla Custard Day!

Monday, August 17, 2009 Posted by Rita A

Today is National Vanilla Custard Day! Yum! I found some recipes that are sure to make you crave the sweet custard today.

On evilshenanigans there is a basic Baked Vanilla Custard recipe using eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla. I am putting this in my must try it recipe box.

Rappahannock Cook & Kitchen Gardener has the same type of recipe with the addition of Maple syrup and real vanilla bean.

Another recipe twist is to add coffee to the custard. On Chateau De Reves I found such a recipe. Her Vanilla Coffee Custard is made on the stove then cooled in the refrigerator. Sounds Heavenly.

Enjoy your day. When life gives you eggs, make custard!

0 comments: