My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Skillet Bacon Jam Review

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 Posted by Rita A


Skillet Bacon Jam. Your first thought.. what is it? This incredibly delicious bacon product is the creation of Joshua Henderson, owner of Skillet Street Food. Joshua's concept for Skillet is to buy old Airstream trailers, convert them into full kitchens then park them by parks and local events to provide bistro style street food in the Seattle area. I was intrigued by the Skillet Bacon Jam when I first saw it on foodgawker.com featured by Matt Bites. He has a cute photo story about Skillet Bacon Jam. On tasteduds there is a recipe for Skillet Bacon Jam Fried Rice. You see Skillet Bacon Jam has quite the following.

But what is Skillet Bacon Jam?
bacon jam…..
…..what the heck is bacon jam?...

well, we’ll tell you…….we take a big bunch of really really good bacon, and render it down...add a bunch of spices..onions, etc..and let it simmer for about 6 hours…give it a quick puree, and blast chill it…and you have bacon jam..


Joshua's description is simple for a complex tasting product. I was so excited to finally receive my jar. I could not wait to taste the interesting bacon creation. I must say it is hard to describe all the flavors going on here. It is sweet reminding me of a sweet smoky barbecue sauce but then you get the onion flavor with the chewy abundant bacon. This is loaded with bacon. I tried it as a sandwich condiment and it was perfect. I also had it plain on an english muffin for breakfast. I like the idea of using it as a cooking ingredient too. This stuff is fantastic, people! My jar is almost gone. I am saving the last bit for something special. I even have it hidden in the fridge so it won't disappear on me. I am going to buy more soon or I am flying to Seattle to get some. It is that good!
Order some today. If you are in the Seattle area you can buy it from the Skillet trailer for $10.00 for an 8 oz. jar. You can order it direct for shipping here for $15.00 a jar. I guess it pays to live in Seattle. Once you try it you will crave more. Take my word for it. Order some today. How much is the airfare to Seattle from L.A.?

Many thanks to Jonathan of Skillet Street Food for providing my jar for review.

0 comments: