My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Cook's Country Cookbook Review

Friday, September 25, 2009 Posted by Rita A

I enjoy browsing through the many food magazines I subscribe to. One of my most recent additions to my selection is Cook's Country. I have been purchasing this magazine and finally decided to subscribe. The format of Cook's Country magazine is easy to read. It is a larger size copy with stunning pictures of many of the recipes. There is food information and stories but the best part is the recipes. Included in the recipes are step by step instructions or test kitchen tecniques for the best results. The back cover of the magazine features the index for the recipes in the issue. In my latest issue there is a recipe for Blackberry Roly Poly dessert that I plan on making. It looks so delicious. Cook's Country magazine has been in circulation since 2004. I don't know how I missed this little gem. The result of years of great recipes has produced a wonderful cookbook The Cook's Country Cookbook. There are 500 recipes in this cookbook. The recipes span more than a century.


After more than a year of test kitchen work, we are pleased to offer this handpicked collection of 500 remarkable recipes, including the very best from the first 4 years of Cook’s Country magazine and the new Cook’s Country public television series. And because we extensively test every featured recipe, you can trust EVERY recipe to deliver as promised, from family favorites like creamy Best Potluck Macaroni and Cheese, juicy All-American Meatloaf, and rich Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies, to interesting and regional recipes like Chocolate Blackout Cake, Texas Sheet Cake and Skillet Lasagna.

Thanks to America's Test Kitchen I was able to review this beautiful cookbook. There are 17 chapters including Starters, Soups, Lunch Counter Specials, Slow Cooker favorites, Blue Ribbon Cakes and much more. One of the features I appreciate in this cookbook is the index of each recipe at the beginning of each chapter. This comes in handy when looking for just the right recipe. On the pages you also come across cooking tips with photos to help. The stories about the recipes are enjoyable to read. A lot of work went into this fabulous collection. It does contain photos of great quality in sections of the book. One of my most bookmarked sections (lots of sticky notes) is the Lunch Counter Specials. I grew up in a diner restaurant that my grandfather owned. A lot of the recipes in this section remind me of his diner. For anyone longing for classic recipes, old favorites and new recipes to try, The Cook's Country Cookbook is a must for your kitchen.

You can purchase The Cook's Country Cookbook from Cook's Illustrated or it is available on Amazon.com at a very good price. It would make a great gift for the cook in your family. Be sure to include sticky notes to mark all the recipes they want to try.

THE COOK’S COUNTRY COOKBOOK
608 pages, hardcover
500 recipes
32 pages of full-color photos
325 step-by-step photos and illustrations

My thanks to Deborah of America's Test Kitchen for providing the review copy.

0 comments: