My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Remember the families today.

Friday, September 11, 2009 Posted by Rita A


My thoughts and well wishes to the families today.

9-11-01

Where were you?

I was in Oklahoma just getting to work. My boss was watching the TV and I had no idea what was going on. I came to see the images on the screen. I grew up back east and had visited the Towers when I was little. My family moved to California but still has family in the New York Area. I quickly called my mom in California and she was already crying. My grandmother lived across the Hudson with a view of the New York Skyline. She had passed away before the incident and my mom was glad she did not have to see it. It would have devastated her. She always loved New York. I sat in silent shock all day watching the events unfold. The first hit I thought could have been an awful airplane accident but the second hit proved otherwise. My heart sank. We had no business that day and my boss closed up so we could go home to be with our families, hug each other and cry.

0 comments: