My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Holiday Gift Idea - How To Roast a Lamb Cookbook

Thursday, October 29, 2009 Posted by Rita A




Cookbooks are always something special to me. I can sit and read through a cookbook just as often as a novel. I use many of the recipes I come across but for me the reading part is most enjoyable. From Hachette Book Group comes How to Roast a LambThis cookbook is a culinary delight. The author Michael Psilakis brings us his new Greek classic cooking. Michael is a self-taught chef and How to Roast a Lamb is his first cookbook.

The stories of Greek traditions and family events throughout the book are a pleasure to read. The recipes are filled with the lovely mediterrean flavors of Greek cooking. The recipes are presented in simple easy to follow formats for easing into Greek cooking. The photos in the book are rich and well composed. There are many family photos included within the pages. Back to the recipes. There are garden (vegetable) recipes, fish, dinners, special occasion birthday recipes, party cooking recipes and of course lamb recipes. One recipe that I am planning on making is Lamb Gyro. I have had these Gyros at Greek festivals and would love to make them at home. I am also drawn to the Stuffed Baby Eggplants. The Shrimp with Orzo and Tomato looks scrumptious. Michael's recipes are true Greek cuisine with the simplicity of preparation for today's home cooks.

How to Roast a Lamb is available from Amazon and other booksellers.

If you have a cookbook collector or an aspiring chef, consider How to Roast a Lamb as a holiday gift. It is a lovely cookbook and hopefully Chef Michael will grace us with more cookbooks to follow.

Many thanks to Anna of Hachette Book Group for providing the review copy.

Disclosure: I received a gratis copy for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.

0 comments: