My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

The Gastronomy of Marriage Book Review

Wednesday, November 04, 2009 Posted by Rita A

I like to read when I am not attached at the hip to my computer. I especially like to read books about food. I recently received from Random House books a delightful read - The Gastronomy of Marriage.

Written by Michelle Maisto, this book is a memoir of food and love. The story is of Michelle and Rich, both foodies who fell in love. They get engaged, move in together and eat and eat and eat. Their memoir takes interesting turns with different cravings and work challenges. Dinners became conflicting. Michelle began using the ritual of dinner to test whether theirs is a marriage that would work. The wedding plans encompass the journey of the memoir.

Michelle writes with such detail you could smell the food. I enjoyed this book from the very first page. I can understand from a foodie perspective how much food is a part of our lives. I found the writing fresh, light and very engaging. I wanted to pull up a chair to her dinner table.




The Gastronomy of Marriage is a wonderful read. You can purchase Gastronomy of Marriage at Amazon or other online booksellers. Check with your local book retailer in your area. If you like to read about food and love, this is a book for you.

The Gastronomy of Marriage
Format: Trade Paperback, 256 pages
On Sale: September 8, 2009
Price: $15.00
ISBN: 978-0-8129-7919-0 (0-8129-7919-2)

Many thanks to Maria of Random House for providing the review copy.

Disclosure: I received a gratis copy for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.

0 comments: