My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Holiday Gift Idea - Eating (A Memoir) Book Review

Saturday, November 28, 2009 Posted by Rita A

I know how food makes me feel. I am one of those people that lives to eat instead of eating to live. I bet I am not alone. Food is such a central part of everything we do. Chefs become chefs for their love of food. Foodies are in a class all by themselves. Then there are the cookbook writers, food artists and of course food television. Then there are food bloggers sharing good things with readers. It is interesting just how much food is a part of our everyday lives.

I recently had the opportunity to read a memoir book by Jason Epstein - Eating. Jason brings his love of food to us in casual conversation style. He details the many lunches and dinners on all parts of the country as if he was talking to us across the table. It is simple conversation stories. Even better, Jason includes recipes in the same conversational format. Simple delightful recipes explained like a story, with wit and love of ingredients. My favorite chapter was Lunch in a World Turned Upside Down. Jason details his first lunch in New York City after the 9/11 events in a very emotional time. The recipes included are from Sag Harbor for Lobster rolls, Oysters and Warm Bass Salad.




I enjoyed reading Eating. My only want was that it was longer. It grabbed my attention and I wanted to read more but it seemed to end so quick. It is a lovely well written book.

Eating A Memoir can be ordered at Amazon or check with your local book sellers.

Category: Biography & Autobiography - Personal Memoirs; Cooking - Essays; Cooking - American
Format: Hardcover, 192 pages
On Sale: October 27, 2009
Price: $25.00
ISBN: 978-1-4000-4296-8 (1-4000-4296-8)

Disclosure: I received a gratis copy for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.

0 comments: