My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Holiday Gift Idea - Mrs. Renfro's Foods

Saturday, November 14, 2009 Posted by Rita A




Looking for something a little different for a holiday gift idea? Maybe you know someone who loves good salsas. A great gift idea is a variety of salsas and sauces sure to please. A very good place to shop is Mrs. Renfro's Foods. The salsas are made in the Tex Mex salsa tradition. The flavor combinations are loved by salsa fanatics everywhere. Mrs. Renfro's makes 17 kinds of salsa, 5 kinds of relish, and 7 other delicious food products. It is the salsa that I enjoyed for this review.

Courtesy of Mrs. Renfro's Foods I received a wonderful assortment of their best salsas to sample. Here on the West coast we eat salsa like ketchup. It goes on just about everything. All the flavors of the salsa are very Tex-Mex. The heat levels vary depending on the flavor. In my family we all like our heat levels a little different. My father in law goes straight for the real jalapeno Green Salsa. He loves it. I could see the heat in his eyes. When he was finished tasting the salsa, he took even more. Sweat beads on his forehead and all. He could not get enough. I shared more of the salsa with another family member who wanted to try the Tequila Salsa and the Garlic Salsa. Both of these flavors are listed as medium heat. He may not be a chili head because he thought these were both pretty intense in heat. He loved the flavor and the ingredients in the salsas and used them more in cooking. I myself am a mild salsa eater. I enjoy the fresh flavor combinations more than the heat of a salsa. My Mrs. Renfro's salsa of choice is the Black Bean Salsa. Delicious black beans with green chile peppers make for a great chip salsa. Not too spicy just right for salsa wimps like me. My other salsa that I could not get enough of is the Pineapple Salsa. Pineapple chunks, pineapple juice and crushed pineapple all add to this sweet heat salsa. This would be great on chicken.

There are so many fantastic salsas available from Mrs. Renfro's. Look for them in your local grocer's salsa sections. For the holidays you can order direct from Mrs. Renfro's in quantities of 4, 8, 12, etc. The jars will be packaged in a protective box perfect for giving. Pick your favorite flavors and make the perfect gift assortment for your salsa lovers. Order today for a steamy, snow melting, salsa season.

Many thanks to Doug of Renfro Foods for providing the review samples.

Disclosure: I received gratis samples for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.

0 comments: