My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Rubbermaid Lock-its Food Containers Review

Sunday, November 01, 2009 Posted by Rita A



I have a lot of Rubbermaid containers in my kitchen. For food storage it is my preferred choice of product to use. They are long lasting and come in a variety of sizes. I still can't figure out how I wind up with more lids than containers every now and then. Rubbermaid has a solution. New Lock-its Food Storage Canisters. What makes these canisters so easy to use is the Easy Find Lid system. The lids click to the bottom of each canister! No more losing lids or canisters. Where do the go anyway? The four locking tabs keep the canister securely sealed and your contents fresh. The Lock-its Food Storage Canisters come in versatile sizes with the lids fitting multiple sizes. I like that they are microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe.

Thanks to Rubbermaid I was sent 4 Lock-its canisters to try in my kitchen. I put my flour in the largest one. I like the 4 locking tabs system. It is easy to close and open. The large size worked nicely for the average flour bag. The smaller sizes come in handy for storing leftovers or prepared foods. I liked the click the lids to the bottom feature however, because of the locking flaps the lids stick out a lot further than the canister taking up precious cupboard space. I am limited in my cabinets due to a small kitchen and found if I just stacked the lid next to the canister it worked better for me, although I am risking losing the lid. The tabs snap closed easily to secure your food canister with a rubber seal for freshness. I like using the Lock-its system. 


Rubbermaid is always thinking of new products for food storage and I will be the first in line for the next one. Try Lock-its in your kitchen. Sign up for the Rubbermaid Club to receive news and product information. Did you know Rubbermaid also has a blog full of nice tips? They are also on twitter for more updates. I trust Rubbermaid in my kitchen and look forward to new products in the future.

Many thanks to Erin of Rubbermaid for providing the review samples.

Disclosure: I received gratis samples for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.

0 comments: