My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Ciao Italia Five Ingredient Favorites Cookbook Review

Wednesday, December 02, 2009 Posted by Rita A

Quick think of Italian food. What did you think of? My first thought - spaghetti with meatballs. Italian food is so much more than pasta. Many of you may have seen the Ciao Italia cooking show on the PBS networks. Ciao Italia has been long running on PBS and is celebrating its 20th anniversary. Mary Ann Esposito is the creator and host of Ciao Italia. She has authored eleven cookbooks.



Ciao Italia Five Ingredient Favorites: Quick and Delicious Recipes from an Italian Kitchen is the latest release from Mary Ann. The recipes show us how easy it is to create authentic Italian meals with just five main ingredients. Simplicity is the key for great flavor in all the 75 recipes. There are 16 color photos of some of her favorites dishes.

I received a copy of Ciao Italia Five Ingredient Favorites for this review. Browsing through the recipes made me very hungry. Antipasti, soups, pasta and sauces, meats, fish, sweets and much more all included to make your Italian feast. Just reading the ingredients made me think of shopping in an Italian deli market. I could smell the cheeses, garlic, and fresh tomatoes as I flipped the pages. I stopped at one of my favorite soups Tuscan Bean Soup. I have always wanted to make this at home and now I can. Simple ingredients, easy to follow directions and soup is on! The pasta section does not disappoint. Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Roasted Vegetables. Mmmmmm. Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs anyone? The first recipe I have on my list to make is Sweet and Sour Chicken and Eggplant. I love eggplant and this recipe looks like a great way to make it. Sounds Delish.

If you are looking for classic Italian dishes such as spaghetti and meatballs you need to search another cookbook. Ciao Italia Five Ingredient Favorites features more gourmet dishes and flavors. Coming from an Italian kitchen all my life these are true authentic Italian meals.

You can purchase Ciao Italia Five Ingredient Favorites: Quick and Delicious Recipes from an Italian Kitchen at Amazon. For more information visit Ciao Italia website for even more recipes.

That's Italian!

Many thanks to Julie and Ciao Italia for providing the review copy.

Disclosure: I received a gratis copy for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.

0 comments: