My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Emile Henry Pie Dish Review

Saturday, December 05, 2009 Posted by Rita A



A few of you may remember I mentioned the National Pie Contest sponsored by Emile Henry. The contest is for Emile Henry Pie Plate owners to show off their baking skills.

Emile Henry announces a National Pie Contest in honor of National Pie Day on January 23, 2010. The contest called “How Pretty Is Your Pie” begins on Thanksgiving Day and ends on January 15, 2010. Winners will be announced on the emilehenryusa.com and the piecouncil.org websites on National Pie Day. So bakers should heat up their ovens and bake a pretty pie.


To participate in the Emile Henry Pie Contest, bakers need to submit a pie recipe and a photo of their pie baked in an Emile Henry pie dish. Photos and recipes should be uploaded onto the emilehenryusa.com website. Entries can also be mailed to Emile Henry. It’s that simple. The instructions and judging criteria are listed on emilehenryusa.com. The top winner will receive a $500 Baking Essentials Set and a free trip to the 16th Annual APC/Crisco® National Pie Championships in Championsgate, FL on April 23 - 25. Four runners up will receive a $50 Baking Set.


Guess what? I now have an Emile Henry Pie Dish. I received a magnificent Emile Henry Pie Dish in Pink. Emile Henry's ceramic bakeware and tableware is made in Marcigny France since 1850 from high fired Burgundy clay. The natural clay is unsurpassed for conducting and retaining heat. It is resistant to scratching, has thermal properties and can be used directly from freezer to oven. It is easy to clean. My pie plate is in the pink color for two reasons. It is pretty and I wanted to feature the pink pie dish for Breast Cancer awareness in October. Yes I know it is a little late, due to a delivery issue, but my pie dish has finally come home. You can still support research - for every Emile Henry Pink Pie Dish that is purchased, 10% of the sale with be donated to Breast Cancer research. If you are considering purchasing an Emile Henry Pie Dish for yourself or as a gift - Think Pink! Emile Henry offers a full line of ovenware, bakeware, tableware and kitchenware. All with the rich colors and French styling. All Emile Henry products carry a limited household three (3) year warranty against breakage due to defective workmanship.

With my pie dish in hand I have been testing ideas to make a pie for the contest. I have not yet found the perfect pie but it is a work in progress and I have until January 15th. Wow that is closer than I thought. I better get to baking. I will keep you posted about my pie adventures. If anyone would like to share pie recipe ideas I would love your input.

Many thanks to Susan and Emile Henry for providing the review sample.

Disclosure: I received a gratis sample for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.

0 comments: