My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Last Minute Gift Idea - Absolutely Chocolate Cookbook

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 Posted by Rita A



I am doing my Happy Chocolate dance here. This time it is a little different. I am looking at a wonderful cookbook called Absolutely Chocolate Irresistible Excuses to Indulge from the editors of Fine Cooking.
Chocolate is a treat consumed by people around the world. Cooking or baking with chocolate has a lot to think about. Nowadays there are so many varieties of chocolates to consider as well as exotic or favorite ingredient pairing.

Absolutely Chocolate contains information on chocolate production, choosing the right chocolate for baking, and many more tips. To help you create there are 125 delicious recipes for wonderful chocolate goodness. You will find recipes for layer cakes, pies, muffins, cookies, brownies and of course candies.

First off this book is beautiful. The color photos are visually tantilizing. The colors for the fonts used is different and pleasing to the eye. It speaks of chocolate richness to me. I quickly became drawn in to the scrumptious recipe offerings. Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Dried Cherries and Pecans, yes please. Chocolate Orange biscotti, yes please. Kahlua Fudge Bites...are you kidding me? These are a must make for me. My very favorite cake recipe is the Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes. This recipe makes chocolate biscuits topped with a fresh sugared strawberries and fresh whipped cream. Sounds incredible to me. Do you like cheesecake? Here is One 2 Try - Triple Chocolate Cheesecake. So decadent, perfect for a holiday dinner. I could go on and on with the fabulous recipes included in Absolutely Chocolate. My only wish for this cookbook... you could have included a scratch and sniff page. LOL. The enticing photos and recipes have given me a super strong, get out of my way, chocolate craving.

If there is a chocolate fanatic in your circle of aquaintances, consider Absolutely Chocolate Irresistible Excuses to Indulge. You can purchase a copy at Taunton Press currently on sale for 25% off making the price $22.46. Take advantage of the free shipping on everything! The free shipping offer applies to standard U.S. shipping only. Offer valid until midnight EST on Thursday, December 24, 2009.

8 1/4 x 10 1/4 Hardcover in.
304 pages, with 130 photographs
Published 2009
ISBN 978-1-60085-133-9

You can never have too much chocolate.

Many thanks to Janel and Taunton Press for providing the review copy.

Disclosure: I received a gratis copy for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.

0 comments: