My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Last Minute Gift Idea - Cake Keeper Cakes Cookbook

Monday, December 21, 2009 Posted by Rita A


Do you have someone in your family that loves to bake? Maybe you have a wannabe baker with a collection of cookbooks. Here is one to add - Cake Keeper Cakes by Lauren Chattman. This lovely cookbook contains 100 simple recipes for bundt cakes, pound cakes, snacking cakes and many more extraodinary baked treats.

Lauren Chattman the author is a former pastry Chef and has authored ten cookbooks. Her recipes have appeared in many publications.

After baking and eating cake every day for almost a year, I'm excited to share the results in Cake Keeper Cakes, a collection of 100 recipes for unadorned cakes, moist and luscious, but simple to make and keep on hand for everyday eating.
Courtesy of Taunton Press, I received a review copy of Cake Keeper Cakes. I love this book. Starting off in the Snacking Cakes, I first want to make the Chocolate Gingerbread. Mmmm that sounds festive. Cocoa and molasses plus ginger mixed together for a gingerbread treat. I can't wait to make this. Here is one for the summer when fresh strawberries are back in season - Fresh Strawberry cake with White Chocolate chips. Made in an 8 inch square pan this sounds like a perfect summer treat cake. Jumping to the round cakes recipe here is an interesting one - Apple and Cheddar cheese cake. The cheese adds a tangy flavor to the apple cake. I think this would be great for a brunch. Another fruit cake - Pear Cake with Sea Salt Caramel Sauce. Decadent. I wonder what it was like to taste all these fine cakes over the year to find just the right recipes to include?

I came to a screaching stop in my recipe browsing at Walnut-Whiskey Pound Cake with Whiskey Glaze. I am going to the store for ingredients right away for this one. Not for the kiddies. Sour cream, walnuts, vanilla and whiskey go in with other ingredients to make the cake then the glaze is made with more whiskey with confectioners sugar. Can you eat and drive after this cake? It sounds so good. Definitely a keeper for me.

With 100 recipes to select from, a spectacular cake is just a few ingredients away. I have many pages bookmarked to try. What a delightful task to undertake...making cakes.

Cake Keeper Cakes can be ordered directly from Taunton Press and is currently on sale until 12/30 at 25% off. The price comes to $13.46 with the discount. Check your local bookseller for stock at retail.

Mmmmmm cake.

Paperback
8 x 8 in.
176 pages, with 40 color photographs
Published 2009

ISBN 978-1-60085-120-9

Product #071269

Many thanks to Janel of Taunton Press for providing the review copy.

Disclosure: I received a gratis copy for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.

0 comments: