My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Suck UK - Design Review

Monday, December 21, 2009 Posted by Rita A



Interesting name. Even more interesting products! Suck UK has the coolest fun gadgets and useful items. It is all about design. Suck UK is a London based store and they do ship internationally.

The Story so Far:
For a decade now SUCK UK have been producing unique, quirky and expertly designed furniture, lighting, interior products and accessories. Setting themselves apart from the crowd with simple yet original designs and a cheeky sense of humour, Suck UK's mission is to keep churning out fresh products, cherry picking young design talent and expanding a brand that’s already at the top of it’s game.

Design is mostly by Sam and Jude or selected by them from some of the best designers around the world.


I was introduced to Suck UK by a magazine article I had read. Curious I went to the website to browse. I have always wished I had one of those modern design homes made from an old factory (it's a dream of mine) and the products at Suck UK reflect my interest in modern design. I found so many cute trinkets and very useful items. From mugs to coasters, to mirrors, clocks, lights and furniture. All the products are quirky, fun and very imaginative. I had a ball browsing the different categories.

Take a look at the Slide Light. Use actual slides to create an eye catching colorful light.




The Glow Brick is a light bulb encased in resin that glows in the dark. Too Cool.



My eye is on the MyCuppa Coffee mug but it was out of stock. I am anxiously awaiting its return for my order. I am thrilled to tell you about 2 other products Suck UK sent me for this review. Staying with the mug theme (my mug collection is an obsession), I chose the Pop Art Mug. What is really cool about the Pop Art mug is the design is the actual lyrics of famous songs in vivid bright colors. The best part is when you are choosing the pop art style you get to listen to the song. Go ahead try it! Click on one of the mugs at the bottom and it opens a new window to play the song. Each mug is a different song. I chose Marvin Gaye - What's Going On. A classic song. This mug is awesome. I find myself singing the song while using the mug for my morning coffee. I think that is a perfect way to start the day.


Now I needed a coaster to put my Pop Art mug on. Enter Splat Stan! Splat Stan is a coaster made of silicone rubber in the shape of a man being squished by your coffee mug. Oh my goodness it makes me chuckle everytime to put my mug on Stan. Morbid maybe, but I think it is so clever. The coaster is protecting my desk too. See... useful and fun.



Take your time browsing Suck UK. The more I did the more I wanted. You can order from Suck UK here in the United States. The prices are in their currency and you will need to use a currency converter to see your actual cost. The shipping is calculated when the address is filled out. The prices on my Splat Stan and Pop Art Mug £7.50 came to $10.74 US. Very reasonable for such great designs. It may be too late to order for Christmas for overseas delivery, but if you are looking for a unique gift idea or you have some Christmas money to spend, take a look at Suck UK. Interesting name, even more interesting products!

Many thanks to Nicki and Suck UK for providing the review samples.

Disclosure: I received gratis samples for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.

0 comments: