My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Dragonball Revenge of King Piccolo for Wii - Review

Saturday, January 30, 2010 Posted by Rita A


I have been known to play quite a few video games, having an Xbox 360 and a Wii. I like the action type of games. When I was approached to review a Dragonball fighting game, I was curious. Dragonball Revenge of King Piccolo is based on the Dragonball anime series. Goku is in search of the legendary Dragonballs but must fight his rivals along the way.

I am not very coordinated when it comes to all the different buttons you have to push for certain functions. It takes me a while to figure everything out. Honestly I could not get past the first level before I had to ask the help of my 9 year old nephew. How do these kids figure all this stuff out? Our impression of the game is it is fair. I found it too much story based and not enough action. He enjoyed the fighting scenes and could figure out how to move around the scenes pretty easy. It took a lot of skill to defeat the different foes. I did like the animation of the game but after a few fights I lost interest quickly. I had a hard time understanding how to fight better and win the battles. I attribute it to my lack of Wii gaming knowledge, more than that of the game. As for the younger crowd, it is a lot of fun. They seem to understand the a, b, up, down, +, z, over your nose, through the kitchen, etc. type of how to play. Okay so I took some liberties there. The tasks are simple enough to follow the story. It is entertaining for what it is. A simple fighting game. I did notice the same foes kept coming into the fights quite often. You seem to have to fight them a lot. Not the best game out there but with a rating of E for 10+ it is pretty decent. Apparently this game is considered on a simple level of gaming and easy enough for the youngsters to play. Simple Ha. I sure could not get it. For any kid who wants to venture into the Dragonball series this game would be a good start.

You can purchase Dragonball Revenge of King Piccolo at Amazon for a decent price.

Have Fun!

Many thanks to Kathleen and Nintendo Wii for providing the review copy.
Disclosure: I received a gratis copy for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.


0 comments: