My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Epson Stylus NX515 All in One Printer - Review

Sunday, January 31, 2010 Posted by Rita A


I have always had Epson as my printer to my computer as far back as I remember. I am amazed at the way the technology improves. Now you can have an All in One unit that prints, copies, scans and in some models - faxes. I want to share my experience with the Epson Stylus NX515. This All in One prints, copies and scans.


I have been using the NX515 for about 2 weeks now. My first impression is I like the sleek styling. It is also not a heavy printer. It was light enough for me to set up on my own. The set up was very simple. Following the detailed simple instructions I had the NX515 connected and ready to go in just a short amount of time. The NX515 can be used on a wireless network or as a wired unit direct to the computer. I have mine direct to the computer. Once I had it all set up, I printed the test page for Epson, Congratulations, you have successfully installed your new Epson Printer. It was so easy. I had no trouble at all.

Now I was ready to "kick the tires" of the Epson NX515. I decided to print a multi-page document. Each page was crisp and clean. No smearing of ink or loss of quality between the pages. It prints fast. Nearly two times faster than other competitive models. The maximum print speed for black and color printing is 36ppm. 36 Pages per minute! It does print rather quickly. The speed depends on the quality selection of the printout. On a normal day I use my printer quite often. I am impressed with printing regular documents. On to photos.

The Epson NX515 is perfect for printing photos. The inks are instantly drying on the photo paper. No chance of smearing when you remove the print and no having to wait for the print to dry. Using the NX515 to print photos has an added benefit. It features Auto Photo Correction to correct the lighting of poorly exposed images. It recognizes faces to distinguish them from the backgrounds to automatically create natural skin tones. It even corrects red eye photos. I chose several different photos of various exposure to test the features. It actually made my photos better.

For copying the NX515 is simple to use. You can copy the image as it is or enlarge the image. All from the LCD control panel on the printer. The paper type can be changed as well as either black and white or color copy.

The scan feature comes in useful if you have to scan something to store in your computer or email to someone. It sure is convenient to be able to scan as simply as copying. A press of the button, a few selection details and it quickly scans either direct to your computer or to a pdf or even direct to email.
There are 4 modes for scanning:
-Full Auto Mode, fully automatic at 100% original size
-Home Mode offers more advance features for photos and graphics
-Office Mode for easy document scanning
-Professional Mode for complete scanner control.

I like being able to print directly from my camera memory card. The NX515 has the memory card slots for this function. The images appear on the display screen, you choose the one you want to print and press okay. Your print comes out perfectly.

Paper options: For more control of your photos you can choose different types of paper, gloss or semi-gloss in varying levels of premium, ultra premium and more. For documents you can choose Ultra premium Presentation Paper Matte, Epson Bright White Paper, labels and plain paper. Letter, executive, legal, envelopes and user defined sizes. Photos can be printed Border free in 4x6, 5x7, 8x10 and letter size.

The Epson Stylus NX515 is a little powerhouse. All that work but it is still Energy Star eco-friendly qualified.

The Epson Stylus NX515 has a suggested retail of $149.99 The Epson online store is presently out of stock, but check with your local Best Buy or other electronics or office stores.

I am very pleased with the Epson Stylus NX515. It has made my printing needs a breeze.

Many thanks to Allie of Epson for providing the review printer.

Disclosure: I received a gratis printer for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.


0 comments: