My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Crunch! Today is National Tortilla Chip Day!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 Posted by Rita A

Now why didn't the combine National Tortilla Chip Day with National Margarita Day? I guess because tortilla chips are good anyday. Put some in soups, on top of salads, serve with a hot cheese dip or a really good salsa!

Here are a couple different types of salsa recipes I was able to locate to go with the star of the day... the tortilla chip!

From Cooking Stuff here is a scrumptuious sounding Charred Pineapple Salsa. This creative salsa is made with broiled pineapple rings. Oh I bet this is super tasty.

At EatMakeRead continuing with the fruity salsa - a sour cherry and peach salsa. It is made with fresh cherries and nectarines. Wait where are the peaches? Sounds delish anyway!

Grab a tortilla chip, dip it in your favorite salsa and crunch.

Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

  1. Kelly at Home said...

    Oh Rita, did you know that I'm addicted to everything pineapple and everything nacho related?! (Could I combine those two? I'll be working on that...)

    Hooray for Natl Tortilla Chip Day! That salsa looks deeee-vine!

    Have a lovely day, mama, and thanks for stopping over from FF! I'm following you now, too. :o)

    Happy Wed!

    Kelly

  2. Jenny said...

    I will be sure to eat my fair share of tortilla chips today! Thanks for the heads up!

  3. Crystal said...

    I think salsa and tortilla chips are my weakness.

  4. barbara.montyj said...

    Hey Tortillas to go with my salsa!

  5. Shana said...

    Awesome. I love tortilla chips!!

  6. The Pipster said...

    Ohh that salsa sounds yummy and I love tortilla chips too.

  7. afineday said...

    Uh oh, looks like I celebrated the National Margarita & National Tortilla Chip Days on the same day! Alas, there's still time to celebrate both, again! Cheers & Crunch! lol!

  8. Mama Ash said...

    As I'm sitting here eating pizza and enjoying a glass of wine...guess I'm celebrating the wrong day!
    Love your blog!

  9. Marie. said...

    It seems like everyday is national something day! Hehe.

    Though I do love tortilla chips in my soup or dipped in salsa and cheese!

    I know, I'm not very creative lol.