My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Almond Day!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 Posted by Rita A

It is so much fun to find out what National Food Holiday is it. Today is National Almond Day. Those crunchy sweet almonds which in moderation are actually pretty healthy for you. I found a few yummy recipes utilizing the versatile almond.

From Italian Dessert recipes here is an Almond Cake recipe that you can make in a flash to bake while serving dinner. It is an easy recipe.

From The Taste Space - a Morning Couscous with Almonds, Coconut and Honey. Wouldn't that be a treat for breakfast? I am going to make this one.

At Eat My Cake Now she features Almond Orange cookies adapted from A Martha Stewart recipe. This blog is interesting as it is in two languages. I think that is neat.

From The Girl Who Ate Everything here is another Almond Cookie recipe with an adorable photo of her son sneaking one. These look yummy.

Enjoy Your Day!

4 comments:

  1. Danielle said...

    mMm.. i LOVE almonds as well. Thanks for sharing!

  2. afineday said...

    Yay! Glad to see Almonds have a national day! I love 'em! :)

  3. Jennifer M. said...

    I never knew there was such a thing, but I love Almonds!

    PS: Thank you for hosting Friday Follow! I can't wait for this weeks edition.

    When you have a chance, please stop by my place, I have something for you!

    http://bzzagentreviews.blogspot.com/

  4. Missy said...

    Chocolate covered almonds are the best!