My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Banana Bread Day!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 Posted by Rita A


Ahhh the smell of banana bread. It is so great that we can take those mushy, no one will eat them, bananas and make something so tasty. I have a wonderful banana bread recipe that I have used for years. I found mine on the paper bag the super ripe bananas are sold in at the market. It is my favorite banana bread recipe I have ever tried. In searching for recipes to honor banana bread, it must be one of the most popular recipes just behind chocolate chip cookies. Hundreds of thousands of banana bread recipes are out there, maybe even more. I am sure you have a favorite of your own. Here are a few recipes I located:

At The Salty Cod here is a Marbled chocolate banana bread with peanut cream and crumble topping. Wow!

From Salt and Chocolate, here is a Banana Bread Muffin recipe which is made with the richness of cream cheese. I bet those are decadent.

At Allrecipes.com I found Banana Bread Cookies that look pretty simple to make.

Buns in my Oven features a Banana Bread Chocolate Chip cookie made with oats. I am definitely putting these on my One 2 Try list.

Last for the more traditional Banana Bread - CDKitchen has Fun Food Holidays featuring National Banana Bread Day. Here your will find 25 recipes for all sorts of banana bread. Yum.

Do you have a family recipe for banana bread? Treat yourself and make one today.

Enjoy your day!

15 comments:

  1. Eyegirl said...

    I have a recipe with banana-pineapple bread. It is so good. Now, I'm craving it! Perhaps, I'll have to make it soon.

  2. Kawartha Beads said...

    Great recipe links! Banana bread is a favorite in my household so I can't wait to try some of these...if only my little one will leave a couple of uneaten bananas!

  3. homeschool101 said...

    O that sounds yummy, I think we will make some today and include then in our school fun! :)

  4. Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

    That reminds me that I have frozen bananas waiting for me to make some bread. I also like banana nut pineapple bread.

  5. lil desiqua said...

    That does sound good!

    Today is also National Pancake Day! :)

  6. lil desiqua said...

    That does sound yummy!

    Today is also National Pancake Day! :)

  7. Cindy said...

    Whadda coinkidink! I just made whole wheat banana chocolate-chip muffins! I guess the National Banana Bread spirit was just too much to resist, even though I didn't know there was such a thing until just now.

  8. Kati said...

    who knew there were so many banana bread recipes? thanks for sharing! happy national banana bread day! :)

    ~Kati

  9. Frugal Vicki said...

    For some reason I am terrified of even trying to make banana bread, I don't know why! But look, I put you over 1,500 (yes, I know I would have been so much more special, but +1 is special too, isn't it? lol)

  10. Sarah-Paige said...

    Thanks for those recipes, I was just hankering for something and wasn't able to put my finger on it but I do believe I was longing for some homemade banana bread!

    Found your blog via Friday Follow, what a neato way to get connected...thanks for helping set that up :)

    Happy Banana Bread Day to you too.

  11. Kirsty said...

    Perfect timing! I have some looking pretty scary in my fruit bowl. Thanks!

  12. Aries said...

    Oh, I have never heard or eaten banana bread before. Only banana cakes and muffins. Maybe I should try it some day.

  13. Janie B said...

    I LOVE banana bread! I can't believe it has its own day and I didn't know it. Wish I had some right now, fresh and warm right out of the oven. Mmmm!

  14. Holly said...

    I did not know this! We {heart} banana bread!!!! I have a super healthy no-sugar with apples and carrot one on my blog...I would have reposted if I knew! These recipes sound fantastic!

  15. The Holmes Crew said...

    Following you back! My youngest would choose bananas over just about ANYTHING else so there are always lots of them on hand! I need to move south and plant banana trees!

    http://sevenzerozero.blogspot.com/