My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Cafe Au Lait Day!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 Posted by Rita A

Today is National Cafe Au lait Day! Cafe au lait is French for "coffee with milk". It is made with a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio of dark roast brewed coffee to heated milk or half-n-half. Add sugar to taste!

Steamed milk and hot coffee blend to make the perfect mellow beverage.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients:
•1 part hot coffee
•1 part steamed milk
Preparation:
Mix and serve hot.

Makes 1 serving.

I am on my 4th Cafe Au Lait today. Good thing I drink decaf.

Here is a recipe I found for a Cafe Au Lait Cheesecake from Dragon's Kitchen. It looks so decadent. Take a look for yourself. Careful, don't drool on the keys.

Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

  1. Mighty M said...

    I love this drink - hot OR cold! :)

  2. MommyToTwoBoys said...

    Oh darn, I had a cafe mocha that I made on my Keurig machine. Wish I had known before hand!

    Many people call my boys' skin color cafe au lait! So I guess we have to join in the celebration.

  3. Joyful Girl Naturals said...

    Yum I think I will go make one. Thanks for the Post.

  4. Mama Ash said...

    Hi Rita!
    Thanks for checking me out!
    http://everythingmomandbaby.blogspot.com
    I'm glad we've "met"!

    :)Mama Ash

  5. Matthew T. said...

    This looks like it will make a great drink. I am a coffee drinker too, yay!

  6. Just Me said...

    I love cafe au lait's especially with beignets!

  7. Missy said...

    I love coffee. I may just have to try that.

  8. Miss Caitlin S. said...

    Yum! Sounds good!

  9. Jamie said...

    My coffee consumption unfortunatley has been cut way back while I'm healing a stomach ulcer :(

    (I just realized that makes me sound like an old person but I'm only 43)

    Can't wait until that's over to try the drink.

  10. TOSHeidi said...

    We learned to order this in Vietnam (which has a lot of French influence) - otherwise, you got something resembling a thick, dark sludge. :)