My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Chocolate Covered Peanuts Day!

Thursday, February 25, 2010 Posted by Rita A

Just in case you were wondering...Today is National Chocolate Covered Peanuts Day! Grab a box of Goobers or a bag of Brach's or visit a candy shop for some peanut clusters. If you are ambitious here is a simple recipe:

CHOCOLATE PEANUT CLUSTERS

3 (6 oz.) bars milk chocolate, cut into tiny bits
1 1/4 lbs. roasted peanuts
1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Melt cut-up chocolate in upper part of double boiler, over boiling water. Stir occasionally. After 15 minutes remove boiler from heating surface. Immediately add vanilla, beat chocolate with a wooden spoon, or an electric mixer, until smooth and glossy.
Fold peanuts into chocolate gradually, using a wooden spoon, so as not to chop up peanuts.

Pick up rounded teaspoonfuls of candy and with another spoon shape clusters as they are placed on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart. Let stand to cool, about 2 hours, or until chocolate is very firm to the touch. Store in a cool place, in wax-paper-lined boxes.

Recipe from Cooks.com

Enjoy your day!

8 comments:

  1. mrs.messi said...

    Yum! I want some!

  2. Janine said...

    I love chocolate covered peanuts! Sweet and salty is the best combo ever!

  3. The Pipster said...

    Oh Rita, my favorite! I will try this recipe if I can.

  4. Katy and Ross said...

    That sounds so yummy! (and it doesn't sound that difficult to make!)

  5. Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

    I can't believe I almost got through the whole day and didn't know it was chocolate covered peanut day! Phew! Thanks for letting me know and saving me from TREMENDOUS disappointment over missing it!!

    Totally going to try this recipe, THANKS!

  6. Tired Mom T├ęsa said...

    Well, that sounds easy enough and it would be a perfect snack. I'm going to make it for my mom who is addicted to sweet-salty snacks. Thanks!

  7. Darlene said...

    I love chocolate covered peanuts! Now I'll have to make some!

  8. Kel said...

    Not that I need an excuse to eat chocoloate...but I'll take it!!