My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Chocolate Souffle Day!

Sunday, February 28, 2010 Posted by Rita A

I am experiencing chocolate overload today. Today is National Chocolate Souffle Day! Have you ever made a Chocolate Souffle? I have never tried it because I am intimidated by the process. I have heard of the disastrous falling souffle. Someday I will have to jump right in and give it a try. Here are a few recipes I found for this lovely chocolate flavored day!

From Web-holidays Food Fest -

Chocolate Soufflé Recipe

3 tablespoons all purpose flour
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1-1/2 cups milk
12 oz. bittersweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup brewed strong coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup granulated sugar
5 egg yolks
7 egg whites
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375F.
Butter a 2-1/2 quart soufflé or baking dish.
Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat, whisk in flour and milk and cook until it thickens.
Stir in chocolate and stir constantly until melted.
Remove from heat; add coffee, vanilla, and half the sugar.
One at a time, add the egg yolks while whisking constantly; set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peaks and gradually beat in the remaining sugar and continue to whisk until the peaks stiffen.
Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture then pour into the prepared dish.
Bake 35 - 40 minutes until the soufflé rises 2 inches above soufflé dish.
Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.

At Eat My Cake Now - here is a recipe for a Chili & Spice Chocolate Souffle. I bet that is one tasty souffle!

From Merlin Menu - try these Chocolate Souffle Cookies. This is an interesting twist on souffle.

On Zen Can Cook - here is a recipe for the Perfect Chocolate Souffle. It goes in to a lot of details to help make the perfect souffle. Beautiful.

I know I want to make the cookies. They are going on my One 2 Try list.
Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

  1. Allerykidmom said...

    It is funny that you put this post up. I was just talking to my parents yesterday about wanting to make a chocolate souffle! Thanks for posting. Now I can actually try it!

    Dona

  2. Kristi at Spend Less and Save More said...

    This is dangerous for my diet~ but a must try! Following you from Follow Friday!

  3. Eclipsed said...

    I've never had balls enough to try to make a souffle. Maybe I'll have to give it a go.

  4. JDaniel4's Mom said...

    What a great holiday to celebrate!

  5. SmallWorld at Home said...

    That sounds fabulous. I look forward to hearing how it turned out!

  6. Jen R said...

    Congratulations, I'm passing my first ever award on to you! It brightened my day and I hope it brightens yours!
    Stop by my blog to pick it up :-)

    http://www.myinnerfoodzilla.blogspot.com

  7. Life Laugh Latte said...

    I've only made small ramekin Choc. Souffles. They turned out great. Somehow the small ones felt less intimidating. Have you noticed all of the bacon and chocolate recipes of late? Even chocolate bars with bacon. It's like the choc/salt/carmel craze. Yum...Holly

  8. Marie. said...

    I've never had a Chocolate Souffle. I feel like I'm missing out :(

  9. Louise said...

    I knew a British woman once who lived in New Delhi. She tried out cooks by asking them to cook a souffle. It wasn't as silly as it sounded. If you can't cook a souffle, you can't cook ... but an Indian cook, in India? Well, in her house I tasted the best carrot and ginger souffle of my life! Happy chocolate overload! Greetings from Italy.

  10. The warrior in me said...

    Oooh! Chocolate- yay! But i cannot cook for nuts- i still read the ingredients list and thought, "OMG! This is the amount of stuff that goes in when i gulp chocolate?!!! I need to start running right away to lose what i didn't realize i gained!"