My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Gumdrop Day!

Monday, February 15, 2010 Posted by Rita A

How fun. Today is National Gumdrop Day. A day to respect the little gumdrop. Whether you like the fruity, or the spicy flavors of gumdrops, I found some recipes to share.

From About.com here is a recipe to make your own Orange Gumdrops.

CD Kitchen has a nice list of many different recipes to make with gumdrops. You will find gumdrop bars, gumdrop cookies, even a gumdrop bread.

On Allrecipes.com I found a yummy sounding Coconut Gumdrop Cookie recipe. It uses coconut, oats, gumdrops and pecans. I bet those are nice and chewy.

Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

  1. Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

    Thanks for the links...I had no idea!

  2. Linda @ My Trendy Tykes said...

    Happy Gumdrop Day!

    :snicker:

  3. Jamie said...

    Who knew there was so much you could do with gumdrops. thanks Rita!

  4. Regina said...

    OMGOSH...I had no idea those yummy lil morsels had their own day..LOL!!

    Thank you for the info...Chaz will be wanting to make some recipes using them..that is if he can keep from eating them all up.

    Hugs,
    Regi

  5. hip chick said...

    I ate a huge bag of them just the other day...I gotta stay away from them and all other candy for a while. I'm getting to big for my clothing.

  6. The Pipster said...

    I LOVE spiced gum drops. I think I will go find some tomorrow. Haven't had them in a while. -Pippi

  7. Marie. said...

    I've never had gumdrops :( but they're adorable on gingerbread houses!