My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Heavenly Hash Day!

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 Posted by Rita A

Okay I have never heard of Heavenly Hash so this peaked my curiosity. I knew about the ice cream Heavenly Hash with the chocolate and nuts but never the fruit version I was finding in my recipe search. Here is what I have found:

Heavenly Hash Recipe from Food Festivals
2 cups cooked rice
1-1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup drained pineapple tidbits
1 large orange, peeled, seeded & diced
1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/4 cup nuts, chopped
1 envelope whipped cream mix, prepared

Combine rice, milk, and sugar.
Cook until thick and creamy, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cool.
Fold in remaining ingredients.
Spoon into serving dishes and chill.

That was the fruity version but I was finding a lot of chocolate versions in my search. I would love to try these recipes.

From About.com I found a Heavenly Hash candy recipe made with chocolate chips, nuts and marshmallows.

From Group recipes I located a Heavenly Hash Brownies recipe from 1962. It sounds great!

Have you ever made a Heavenly Hash dessert? I would love to hear about your recipe.

Enjoy your day!

0 comments: