My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Pistachio Day!

Friday, February 26, 2010 Posted by Rita A


Today is National Pistachio Day! I remember when I was little the only way you could get pistachios were the red ones that would stain your fingers. Now pistachios are used in many recipes as well as a natural snack. I was able to find a few interesting recipes with pistachios as ingredients.

On Clumbsy Cookie she is featuring a recipe called Greenies. White chocolate with pistachios brownies.

From Daydreamer Desserts - a fabulous looking recipe for French Vanilla Pistachio Sables cookies. These little gems look so beautiful. I bet they taste fantastic.

Found on Chow.com is a Pistachio Mexican Wedding Cakes recipe which is actually a little buttery cookie.

From Shared Sugar here is a decadent Cherry Pistachio Biscotti recipe adapted from Martha Stewart. I love biscotti with coffee and these sounds so scrumptious.

My favorite way to have pistachio is in Spumoni ice cream. Chocolate, Cherry and Pistachio flavors all in one delicious ice cream. It is very Italian.

Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

  1. Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

    LOOOOOVE pistachios!! Love these recipes, too! Thanks!

  2. Pricilla said...

    Nuts!
    I just about missed it.

  3. Reagan said...

    When I first glanced at the title in my reader I thought it said, "National Psycho Day". I could get on board with that! I'd get on board pistachio day if I didn't have a nut allergy.

  4. afineday said...

    What a Delicious week of National Days! Thanks for let us know about them! :)

  5. Yellow House Knits said...

    If you like pistachios, you should try this Pistachio Cream. SO GOOD!

    http://www.zingermans.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=P-PCH

  6. Joyful said...

    Oh, I LOVE Pistachios

    Pray you have a wonderful day

  7. Erin said...

    I saw something in a magazine recently (I think it was that Food one by Martha Stewart?)...toast a slice of whole wheat bread. slather it with 1-2 tbsp of Greek yogurt. Sprinkle a few pistacios on top and then drizzle with a bit of honey. Good for you, lots of protein, not a lot of sugar. YUM! My new favorite breakfast!

  8. Kirsty said...

    I remember the red ones too. I had a teacher at church who would give us a bag of them every Sunday. I wonder why they dyed them red? Love them. Love them! Wish I'd picked up a bag at the grocery store this evening now that I know it is their special day :)

  9. Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

    Happy National Pistachio Day! Again, thank you for a great post with links to lots of recipes that sound delightful!

    Blessings & Aloha!