My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Update to Hubby in Vancouver

Thursday, February 18, 2010 Posted by Rita A

For those of you not familiar with the story, my hubby is in Vancouver for the Olympics. He is a television camera operator. His coverage was the opening ceremonies and now he is covering the medal ceremonies until the closing ceremonies. He is less than 2 weeks away from coming home. I have been hearing about his adventures by phone several times during the day.

A big highlight for him, he was able to visit the Olympic Flame cauldron. He was so impressed. I can't wait to see all the pictures he has taken. He stood right next to the cauldron. That is pretty cool. He has been walking around the Olympic areas and finally found the pin trader location. Yes he trades pins. I have boxes of them in the closet to prove it. He gets a lot of the rare media release pins so collectors are happy to trade with him. It is an obsession hobby of his. A few funny stories he shared with me. Laundry day. He and two of his friends packed their backpacks filled with dirty laundry to venture in the city to find a laundry service. Three people walking around with stinky clothes through the city. I would hate to be walking behind them! They finally found a place near the Chinatown area so they dropped off the laundry, went on a tour of Chinatown, had a beer or two, then went back for the laundry. He will find any excuse for a beer but waiting for laundry is a new one.

Another funny story - remember in the Opening Ceremonies the stage door that was malfunctioning and did not open for the lighting pillar? He was working at the arena the other day, walking across the stage floor and jumping on the door that did not work - while he was calling me. Oh my gosh, on my end I was so scared he would fall through. We already new the door was broken. He was jumping on it, laughing I might add because I was so nervous! I could picture it breaking underneath him. He is crazy like that. That is why I married him. He is goofy and makes me laugh all the time. Who knows what his next adventure will be. He said something about visiting Stanley Park while his friends went bike riding. He will wave at them as they pass the place he is sitting .... probably having a beer!

Hurry up the next 12 days. I need a hug!

12 comments:

  1. Pricilla said...

    It's good he can enjoy himself while working...
    I'm sure he has seen some amazing things!

  2. Danielle said...

    What an awesome opportunity. I am sure you are missing him tons though!

  3. Jennifer said...

    I'm so jealous! He probably gets to see some pretty amazing stuff!

    Vancouver is a beautiful city that I hope to visit someday :)

    hope he returns safely (& with lots of pins!!)

  4. homeschool101 said...

    How exciting is that. Sounds awesome. Praying for safe travels!

  5. sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

    What an incredible experience!

  6. Tired Mom Tesa said...

    I love hearing these "behind the scenes" stories. So fascinating! I'm glad he's having a great time and that he will be home soon.

  7. sharonjo said...

    He films the medal ceremonies? Those always bring tears to my eyes, no matter who the winners are!!

    One pet peeve though--All the athletes should be coached on proper etiquette during the playing of the national anthem. Put your hand over your heart--all the way through the entire song!! Please!! Can't believe how many of them just stand there.

  8. Blackberry Jam Cafe said...

    How fun is this??? I'd love to get in that button box of yours - I'll bet there's some really good keepsakes!
    Susan

  9. Jackie said...

    What an incredible opportunity! To be that close to all the action...neat!

  10. Jessica said...

    LOVE Vancouver!
    Anyway, following you back!
    BTW: the cake was amazing. Very rich though. I would recommend for amuse bouche with ice cream. Maybe vanilla or spiced pumpkin.

  11. Emmy said...

    You will have to post lots of pictures when he gets back. so fun that he is there experiencing all of that.

  12. Life in Beverly Hills said...

    Here from Friday Follow.

    What an awesome opportunity!!! Can't wait to check back and see pictures.