My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

An award for me? I am speechless.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 Posted by Rita A

I have been granted a few wonderful blog awards from some fantastic folks. I am speechless. I guess it means you really like me and One 2 Try. I want to thank the fabulous friends that passed an award on to me.

I received the Sunshine Award from a few happy bloggers.

I want to thank Lynn at Midday Escapades, Danetta at Go YAY!, Jen at My Inner Foodzilla, and Soapstar Canada for passing on the Sunshine Award.



Another award from Jen at Review Retreat I received the Happy 101 Award. Thank you very much Jen for thinking of me!



From Laughing Lindsay I received the One Lovely Blog Award. Many thanks Lindsay for passing the award my way.



Lastly I received the Prolific Blogger Award from Sandra at Bargains 4 WAHMs. My heartfelt thanks Sandra!


A Prolific Blogger is one who is intellectually productive… keeping up an active blog that is filled with enjoyable content.

Like I said I am speechless. I am thrilled to be thought of for such fabulous fun awards.

However - here is where I break the rules or the chain so to speak. I love getting the awards, and truly appreciate the love behind them. I feel it really is too much pressure to ask the recipient to nominate so many other blogs and there are so many rules to follow to accept the award. Seriously that's a lot of pressure! How many of you may have not accepted an award because of all the rules? My reasoning is this - It becomes more of a who can I give this to instead of a "Wow I really received this". Don't they start feeling like a chain letter to you? I would like to see the awards going back to meaning something special for your blog. It is more meaningful to just pass the awards on to one blog to tell them you admire their blog in some way. There can be explanations of the awards to tell them what it is about and why you are giving it to them. Maybe even create your own award to give out to the blogs you adore. A gift from you to them.

All that being said - I have created my own new blog award. I want to let so many blogs have this award. I call it my Grab A Cup, Stay for a Spell Blog Award. It is for those blogs that I find myself wanting to read and read and read. For those blogs that I love the writing, the stories, the pictures and everything else going on with it. You make me want to Grab A Cup and enjoy the whole cup while reading your blog! You make me want to Stay for a Spell! Here is the good part..that is so many of your wonderful blogs. Be on the watch, I just might pop in to your blog to give you my award!



Thanks everyone for being a part of One 2 Try. To me, you all are worth hundreds of awards.

22 comments:

  1. Dondi said...

    Congrats on your awards & I completely agree. There are so many times I feel so much pressure when I get one about who I pass it on to. Does someone think I'm playing favorites? Is someone going to get their feelings hurt if I don't pass it on to them. Just so much pressure because honestly I love all the blogs I read. That's why I follow them.

    I love your new award!! It's so cute & I love the whole meaning behind it

  2. Brandi said...

    Congrats on your awards! I really need to make a featured blogger award and send it to you, since you were featured blogger a few weeks ago.

  3. fredamans said...

    Congrats on all the awards. You deserve them.

  4. Midday Escapades said...

    Congrats on all of your awards and wow, you made your own. I love it!!

    Does that mean I have received your new award?

  5. Danielle said...

    Way to go on all the awards. I love your new award. So cute!

  6. Sandra said...

    Congrats on all your awards and I also completely agree!

    When I received my 2 awards, I went from the excitement of receiving them to hmmmmm I have to give this to other bloggers, who are they? lol

    I loved getting the awards and the thought behind them. Took me 2 years of blogging to get them. lol

  7. Sandra said...

    I forgot to mention I love your award! It's so cute and has a lot of meaning behind it :)

  8. Ms Bibi said...

    Check out all of those cool awards.

    Congrats on all of them.

  9. Keli said...

    I love your award. I agree that sometimes the rules with those awards are so complex that I just ignore them. I love awards, but when I have to jump through hoops to fulfill the requirements, it cuts into my blog reading and posting time.

  10. Lindsay said...

    Congrats on the awards! :)

    I do agree about the pressure to pass them on; it's very hard to pick blogs and hope others don't get upset about the ones you pick. I think creating your own award is awesome! :) Thanks for letting me know!

  11. Emmy said...

    I totally agree, which is why I have about 5 awards that I have recently been given that I haven't posted yet. I feel so happy when I get them, it is just a lot at once that I don't know what to do with

  12. ham1299 said...

    Congrats on your awards. I, too, agree about the awards! I love your new one - great idea! :-)

  13. The Pipster said...

    Congratulations Rita, and I echo ham1299 in saying that I love your new idea!

  14. My Mercurial Nature said...

    Excellent award! I love those blogs that make you just want to keep reading & reading & reading!

  15. Janie B said...

    Good idea! I always appreciate getting awards, but I secretly cringe because of all the work it requires copying, pasting, linking, etc. I like what you said.

  16. Melissa said...

    What a great idea...and what a WONDERFUL award!!! LOVE IT!!!
    oh..and congratulations on your award!

  17. HeartsMakeFamilies said...

    Congrats on your awards. I so agree with you. In fact, I used to follow all the rules. Right now I hate to say that I don't have that time.

    Might follow you up with a special award too. Great idea

  18. Jen said...

    Congratulations on your many awards! You have earned them!

  19. Vanillastrawberryspringfields said...

    Ha ha ha...so sweet...i love awards too and love passing 'em too but u know what i think almost the same...i love to think whethter it will be a burden or no and dont want it to be a chain...so i write a little note for each award giver and and tell them to do what they want...no problem...all i want is for the award to make them happy ,even if they dont post about it...after all we want our happy pals to be happy dont we?
    cheers and very happy day to u....

  20. giggling kids said...

    congrats on your awards! I think this is a very Good Idea!

  21. Blackberry Jam Cafe said...

    Such a great idea about Awards. And I love your own personal award design. New trend - giving and receiving an award with no strings attached and no pressure to do anything but enjoy it.
    Susan

  22. Darlene said...

    Congratulations on your awards. I agree with you, and like your new award.