My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Dear So and So....

Saturday, March 27, 2010 Posted by Rita A

Here is another week of the letters I wish I could have sent.

Dear Next Door Neighbor,
You have the only two story home on the block. You had the upper story added to your home many years ago. There was a big tree in your yard blocking your view of our yard, swimming pool, jacuzzi, patio, etc. It gave us some privacy as well. Then you cut the tree down. Little did we know you have a window to your upstairs bathroom facing out to our backyard. You scare my dog each time you pass by that window and she barks - so you complain. Guess what she is a dog and dogs bark. I hope you enjoy the view of the chunky dunkers swimming in the pool all summer long. Be careful if you look out at night. Our jacuzzi is clothing optional and you could be in for a real surprise. Might I suggest buying curtains for your window.

Dear Across The Street Neighbor,
I have been living here for nearly five years. When I moved in, I was warned about you. I have never spoken to you before until the other day when you cornered me. So you asked me "Are you Jay's Sister?" I shook my head and so "No I am his wife" then you replied " His wife? Well he had another woman over there I hate to tell you!" ....you hate to tell me? Well let me enlighten your time warped mind. Yes he did have another woman here over 10 years ago. That would be his ex-wife. I wonder what you hated to tell her? Glad to know you are keeping a close eye on things.

Dear Hotel Guest Services Person,
I enjoy the little coffee machines you provide in the rooms. I needed to have the coffee pack replaced because I am a huge coffee drinker and one little pack does not go far. I stopped at your desk to ask for more coffee packages. I even explained it was for the coffee machine in the room. You looked at me with a dumb look and promptly told me I had to call room service to order coffee. I then again said it was for the coffee machine in the room, the little coffee packages that you put by the coffee machine. I could not be more clear, but you were not paying attention. Room Service you said....again. Sure if I wanted to pay $15.00 for a coffee. The correct answer was housekeeping! One call and presto more coffee. I will share some with you to get your brain in gear!

Dear Jamie Oliver,
I applaud your efforts in your new show Food Revolution. You have a big challenge ahead of you. It is too convenient to use the drive thru's in our country. My favorite part of your show was when you were running with the green pea costume on. Hilarious. Maybe you could combine the show with something like Shaq's Big Challenge to get the kids moving. I would also start with getting rid of all those dollar menu items.

Dear Drive Thru,
Not me but hubby, was in the drive thru while I was gone. He placed his order and was told to please park out front and you would bring it out to him. First off there was not a place to park out front. So he parked where he could see you exit the door with his food. He waited and waited and waited. Finally he got out of his car and went inside to find out about his order. Now I think that defeats the purpose of a Drive Thru! The issue....waiting for the french fries from the dollar menu.

Dear Hubby,
Oh yes you get included in Dear So and So. I asked you what happened to my, oh so special, sample box of chocolates I had in the fridge? Your reply - "Oh I might have ate them". Humpfh!

I hope everyone had a wonderful week. If you post any Dear So and So letters, let me know. I would love to stop by to read them.



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

22 comments:

  1. Kristi at Spend Less and Save More said...

    So glad I don't live in your neighborhood. You make me laugh!!

  2. Christian Mommy Writer said...

    Hilarious. Neighbors can be something else, can't they? :-)

  3. B Sparkly said...

    I hate when he eats my emergency chocolate, after all it is for emergency situations only…what was he thinking?!!
    Have a great weekend!
    Anat

  4. SueDohNihm said...

    Great Post! Thankfully I live on a corner lot, with a nice privacy fence. As for the drive thru? My Hubby will tell them "No" when they ask us to pull up. And he will sit there until the complete order is given to him.

    New from Friday Follow :-)

  5. Acting Balanced Mom said...

    Love the across the street neighbour letter... I wonder what she'll say in another 5 years...

  6. Aphrodite's Mortal Friend (ME) said...

    So do your neighbors know about your blog? I gotta know cause I'm dealing with some similar stuff that I'd really like to write about but sort of afraid i might get egged!

  7. *LLUVIA* said...

    My neighborhood is going downhill very quickly!

    All my old neighbors are either getting kicked out or moving out on their own and renting to college students (we live very close by the university). Sucks ass. They party all the time!!!!!

  8. Karsyn524 said...

    I am dying laughing right now. I love this idea! Dear So and So...ha ha

    Karsyn
    www.mytakeonparenting.blogspot.com

  9. Laura PARING DOWN said...

    I'm laughing, too! We have a SHOWER window that is exposed to our next door neighbors' kitchen window. I am SUPER CAREFUL when showering not to get too close to the window (it's just not frosted enough)!!!

  10. Peppermint Patty said...

    Hubby better back off from the chocolate! :)

  11. Misty said...

    wow, i love the letters to your neighbors. too funny!
    -Misty

  12. matt0701 said...

    I have to admit that I hated it when neighbors cut down trees on the property line too. In fact, they cut down trees that were technically on my property. Now, I can see straight through their house cause they have a ton of big windows. We feel like there's no privacy now between us.

  13. This Little Family said...

    I'm quite annoyed with neighbors as well. I wish I could just live in the middle of nowhere! LOL

  14. kristi said...

    I write letters too on my blog! And I would whoop my hubby for eating my chocolate.

  15. Wendi P said...

    I am fortunate to have nice neighbors, yay! Thanks Rita, for always giving me a laugh on Saturday. I so look forward to it!!!

  16. Rana said...

    Your neighbors and my neighbors should get together and have a block party.

  17. Jackie said...

    I love these Dear So and So letters. I have one I'd love to write to my neighbor...the one who had to plant big ugly evergreens on the property line making our already small backyard seem even smaller, blocking our view of everything in the neighborhood and blocking any sunshine that I needed for my vegetable garden. I no longer have a vegetable garden.

  18. CK said...

    These letters are so funny every week! I decided to post a few of my own today: http://keepingupklapper.blogspot.com/2010/03/dear-so-and-so.html

  19. Frugal Vicki said...

    Oh HUH UH! Even my loved but dim-witted husband knows NOT TO TOUCH THE CHOCOLATE, unless he asks and I am usually willing to share.

  20. Christine said...

    I've been reading your Dear So and So letters for a few weeks now, but I think this is your best week yet. You are obviously much nicer than I am, because I added my adjectives in a lot of today's entries. LOL

    Hmmm, might have to do one of these myself. Maybe tomorrow, must sleep now. Thanks for the laugh, Rita. I needed it.

  21. Marla said...

    Hey Rita ~ The crazy neighbor thing is a perfect opportunity to have a block party. It's a great way to get to know everyone and tear down some walls while building better neighborly fences. We've done it before and were amazed at how it changed things on our street for the better.

    Love your Dear So and So. I look forward to it every time.

  22. Meeko Fabulous said...

    I'll have to let you know next time I do a round of these!