My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Puppy Cake - A treat for dogs Review

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 Posted by Rita A

Keeping with my dog, Pepper's theme this past week, I have a new product to tell you about for your dogs. Puppy Cake. Puppy Cake is a mix that makes 6 cupcake size cakes made just for dogs.

Puppy Cake mix is made with wholesome natural ingredients. They come in two flavors even the most finicky dog would love to munch. Buddy's Best is Banana Cake Mix containing whole wheat flour, banana, honey powder and for the frosting - unflavored yogurt powder. Fifi's Favorite is Carob Cake mix made with whole wheat flour, honey powder, carob powder and unflavored yogurt for the frosting.

Courtesy of Puppy Cake I was able to make these little decadent treats for Pepper. The mix was easy to make with the only additional ingredients being 1 egg, 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 1/2 cup water and 5 teaspoons of water for the frosting. Super simple. Each box makes 6 puppycakes in a standard cupcake pan. I started with the Buddy's Best banana flavor. It smelled so good while baking. In a short amount of baking time, I had six cakes waiting for the frosting. The frosting came out a little thick so I did have to add a smidge more water to get it to spreading consistency. The puppycakes came out so cute. I could not wait to give one to Pepper. She sniffed and smelled and kept going around the cake not really sure how to attack it. Finally I figured out, she did not like the frosting. She wanted the cake part. Once I had removed the frosting from the cake. It was gone in a flash. Pepper is a picky eater so I am not surprised she reacted this way. She devoured the cake part though! When I make her the carob cake mix I will probably leave them unfrosted for her. The serving size for a dog my size is only 1/2 cupcake so I froze the rest. I hope they stay fresh that way. I plan on taking one out for her as an occasional treat.



You can order Puppy Cake directly online or find them at selected retailers. The price is $5.99 per box but the fun for your dog is priceless.

Pepper rating - Four paws! Woof!

Many thanks to Kelly and Puppy Cake for providing the review samples.

Disclosure: I received gratis samples for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.


2 comments:

  1. itwasyoublog said...

    I'm a sucker for buying cute treats for my dog! :)

  2. Annie said...

    oh fun!
    i would totally buy this for my pup!