My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Take It All Off Thursday! - Nutrisystem Update.

Thursday, March 18, 2010 Posted by Rita A


Week Three of my Nutrisystem journey. This past week was a little struggle for me. I have been busy with a project on my computer, busy with a household project and did not get nearly enough walking time in. The scale did budge down ever so slightly with a 6/10th of a pound loss. Well that is more than a 1/2 pound. At least it is still a downward trend. Total Loss so far 6.6 pounds. I am so excited.

I had no troubles with the Nutrisystem foods this week except I am towards the end of this 28 day package. Which means I have already eaten a lot of the really good stuff. Now I am left with the foods that require making and mixing or are just a meal bar. I did try to eat a mixture of all these foods throughout the entire 3 weeks so I would not be left with all my second choices at the end. Don't get me wrong all the foods have been even tastier than I imagined but some of them are so delectable. I always choose them first.

I tried very hard to be exact on portion sizes this week. This will help me when I am on my own again and off the Nutrisystem program. I have been using my food scale for weighing, my measuring cups and reading each portion size correctly. I like to fill up on the unlimited vegetables. I have a completely new respect for cucumbers and tomatoes. You can't go wrong with a mixed green salad with a squeeze of lemon. Delish!

Have I slipped at all? Well actually I am pretty satisfied most of the time with the amounts of foods I have been able to have. I am not hungry and I find myself only eating when I am hungry. No mindlesss munching! I did have a chance to sample (for review purposes) some new food items this past week that were too incredible not to try. I was able to try a new fabulous local family chocolate company that is coming up in a review soon. I also had the most amazing dinner the other day you will have to wait to find out about. Even with the only two times I have strayed from the Nutrisystem program, I did keep everything those days in moderation to make up for the items I knew I was eating. I managed okay. A little bit of the temptation, I did not beat myself up over. I controlled it, then the next meal I was right on track again. Hey I am human! Put chocolate in front of me and all bets are off! LOL. Honestly in moderation it is okay. That is the key. I think I have done pretty good with Nutrisystem. I am anxious to see what the next delivery of foods contains.

If you are considering the Nutrisystem program, take a moment to browse the website. You will find plenty of information about the meals, the program and all the price levels. They offer online support as part of the program for you as well. Plus Nutrisystem foods are very tasty. I know - I am a foodie. It may not be filet mignon but it is a pretty good lasagna! Darn I have to wait until the next order for lasagna.

Many thanks to Nutrisystem for providing the program for my weight loss journey.

Disclosure: I received a gratis Nutrisystem program in exchange for my weekly reviews. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.


6 comments:

  1. Meeko Fabulous said...

    Hi, my name's Meeko and I'm a mindless snacker. LoL! :) It's a nervous thing for me.

  2. YouthfulTips said...

    I'm on week 3 of Nutrisystem myself. Second attempt on it as I enjoyed the food the first time. I'm also blogging about it but my program is not gratis :) http://youthfultips.blogspot.com. I just ordered a week of the frozen foods to supplement my breakfast, lunch and snack for month 2. Happy Nutrisystem!

  3. Kyrstin said...

    Way to go! Keep up the positive attitude.

  4. Mama Bird said...

    Good for you!! Weight loss is so hard but you should be super proud!! I started a weighloss journey 2 weeks ago you can read about me at www.katbirddiets.blogspot.com

  5. Lisa said...

    Oh, congratulations! 6.6 pounds is great. Keep it up!

    I have wanted to try the Nutrisystem program for about a year, but it's just not in my budget. I really need to do something, just can't seem to get motivated.
    Looking forward to your continued journey~

    Lisa @ All That and a Box of Rocks

  6. Lisa said...

    I've been motivated! HAAhahaaahahahahhaah!!! (This was me after I opened that email.) Love the photo!
    Thanks....I needed that!

    Lisa @ All That and a Box of Rocks