My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Take It All Off Thursday! - Nutrisystem Update.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 Posted by Rita A

Here I am at week 4 of Nutrisytem. Actually I am not here this week. I am on a mini girls only quick trip. Mom and I have left the guys at home. I do come home late Thursday. With being away from home these past 3 days I have not had a chance to see what the scale says. I can tell you my clothes are fitting a little looser. I feel I have more energy too. My cravings are in control, with the exception of chocolate but with the Nutrisystem program they seem to understand the need for a woman to have chocolate. There has been a lot of chocolate treats. Thank goodness. I own a shirt that says "I would quite eating chocolate but I am no quitter". I am so happy chocolate is part of the program. Me without chocolate is not a pretty sight!

So in anticipation of my days away from home, I am bringing a few of the more portable Nutrisystem foods like the bars and the snacks. Nothing I really have to cook. I am bringing my guide book on how to dine out and stick to the program.

I am impressed with the eating suggestions for all types of dining choices. The dining out guide is found at the back of the meal planner for easy access. For optimal weight loss of course you should stay on the Nutrisystem foods and use your meal planner. In some circumstances such as traveling, learning to make the right food choices makes all the difference.
A few helpful tips for eating out:
-Pre-plan. Check out the menu online if you can and make the meal fit in your normal schedule.
-Make special requests like dressing on the side or fruit instead of french fries.
-Pace your eating. Make the focus of your attention on the atmosphere and less on the food. Eat Slowly and enjoy the experience.
-Watch the portion sizes. Ordering small is much better than super-size.

When eating at certain cuisines, some food choices are much better options. From an American menu - choose salads and broth soups over fried appetizers. Marinated and broiled over anything fried. Choose a healthy appetizer as your entree for the smaller portion size.
Eating Chinese? A good choice is soups, vegetable listings and fresh fish fillets. I would be in trouble at Mexican restaurants but with the dining out guide I can make better decisions on the meals I order. Choose black beans instead of refried beans. Try shredded spicy chicken with salsa and avoid the basket of tortilla chips. If need be ask them not to bring the chips.

I am bringing my guide with me. I am going to make the best choices I can and watch very carefully the portion sizes.

As for my weight loss update....I am going to let it wait until next week. My scale says thank you! Just kidding I have been doing pretty good.

Take a moment to find out more about the Nutrisystem program for yourself. The information is available to you online.

Many thanks to Nutrisystem for providing the program for my weight loss journey.

Disclosure: I received a gratis Nutrisystem program in exchange for my weekly reviews. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.




Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

3 comments:

  1. Edna said...

    Enjoyed your post Rita, just to let your readers know that Nutrisystem are still doing the 2 weeks free if you sign up for auto delivery.

    Hope this helps,

    Edna

  2. Shelby said...

    Hello. Great post!

  3. Christi said...

    Nutrisystem sounds great! I am trying to get motivated right now to lose weight after having two kiddos pretty close together. I like your tips for eating out!

    Following from FF, by the way. My blog is at http://frugalnovice.com. I'd love for you to pop in for a visit!