My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Take It All Off Thursday! - Week One Update

Thursday, March 04, 2010 Posted by Rita A


My goodness I am excited about this past week. I received my Nutrisystem shipment. It was packed with so many foods. The box was huge. I unpacked it all into the meal categories. Everything looks so tasty! The menu is amazing. I started my Nutrisystem program last Friday. This is my first week update. Actually it was only six days but in those six days I learned at lot about the program. First off the really good news... I lost 3 pounds in the six days. Woo Hoo! I am on my way to ziplining.

Let me tell you a little about my experience. I love the Nutrisystem program. It is very easy to understand and follow. The way it works is you choose your meals from the assortment of foods provided in your plan. The great part is the meals are color coded. Breakfast is blue, lunch is green, dinner is Red and desserts and snacks are pink. It could not be any easier. You choose one of each to make your menu for the day. Each meal gets supplemented with fresh foods such as vegetables, fruits, dairy or protein. I have always enjoyed vegies so this was pretty easy for me. I have never been fond of dairy that much so being able to choose a protein instead of dairy works for me occasionally. I am on the Womens basic plan courtesy of Nutrisystem. In my menu planner book that is provided, each meal matches the color coded packaging. For breakfast I get one Nutrisystem Breakfast Entree, one dairy or protein, and one fruit. Lunch consists of one Nutrisystem Lunch Entree, one dairy or protein, and two vegetables. The dinner choice is one Nutrisystem Dinner Entree, one fruit or vegetable, plus two vegetables and a fat. I do get a snack during the day of one dairy or protein and one fruit. Don't forget dessert...I get one Nutrisystem Dessert entree.

That is a lot to eat if you think about it. I am thrilled with the convenience of the program. The food is very delicious. It cooks up really quick too. Of all the meals I had this past 6 days there has only been one item I did not care for. It was a snack item of Nacho Crisps. They tasted okay but I was not liking the overly crunchy texture. I could not get past a few chips. Overall I found the Nutrisystem entrees to be fabulous in flavor. My favorite item of this week was Cheesy Homestyle potatoes. Oh they ware so good. I do not feel deprived at all. I am even getting chocolate selections in the Nutrisystem foods. How cool is that! I have not had any cravings for other foods!

Here is a typical day menu:

Breakfast -
NS Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
1/2 cup nonfat milk
banana

Lunch
NS Fettuccini Alfredo
yogurt
green salad with fat free dressing
green beans

Snack
String Cheese
Tangerine

Dinner
NS Vegetable Lasagna
green salad with low fat dressing
carrots
cauliflower

Dessert
Chocolate Brownie

See, that is a lot of food to eat. It is even more food than I used to eat in an average day. That may be the key for me is to eat the right foods more often, rather than the wrong foods once or twice during the day. This week coming up, I am going to concentrate on getting more variety in the vegetables I choose. I can't seem to keep enough veggies in the house. I am also going to increase my activity level. My dog is loving it as she has been getting extra walks, (she needs it too the little pudgebutt).

I am feeling very positive about my Nutrisystem adventure. I have online access to help me with questions, offer ideas and support. I am looking forward to Taking it all off with Nutrisystem. My goal is to lose 50 pounds. I am down 3 thanks to Nutrisystem. Three feels good to me!

Here is my before picture. I can't wait to get to after!




Many thanks to Nutrisystem for providing the program for my weight loss journey.

Disclosure: I received a gratis Nutrisystem program in exchange for my weekly reviews. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.


4 comments:

  1. The Pipster said...

    Rita, I can't wait to hear how this program works for you. I am curious about the taste of the food. It sounds good so far!

  2. Brittney said...

    Congrats on your 3lbs loss!!! Keep it up!

  3. Blackberry Jam Cafe said...

    This is really good info. I've wondered several times what the food was like on this program - glad to know you like it. I may be the next one to try it.
    Susan

  4. Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

    Good for you, I cannot wait to read your updates. Ziplining, huh? I think we are doing that in Cabo this May. It sounds like so much fun!