My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Black Forest Cake Day!

Sunday, March 28, 2010 Posted by Rita A

Time to catch up to the National Days! Today is National Black Forest Cake Day!
Typically, Black Forest cake consists of several layers of chocolate cake, with whipped cream and cherries between each layer. Then the cake is decorated with additional whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and chocolate shavings.

I found a nice assortment of Black Forest Recipes just for this occasion you may want to try. I know I am going to.

From Real Mom Kitchen here is a lovely Black Forest Cheesecake that sounds pretty simple to make. It uses cream cheese and cherry pie filling. Yum!

At Taste and Tell - A Black Forest Cookie recipe from a cookbook known as Baked: New Frontiers in Baking.

Annie's Eats is featuring the cutest Black Forest Cupcakes. They look so incredibly delectable. Great job!

From CookingBread dot com here is a step by step instructional to make Black Forest Buns. Ambitious but I bet these are so delicious.

Last is one of my favorite sites cdkitchen with an entire list of recipes for Black Forest desserts.

Enjoy your day!



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

8 comments:

  1. Steven Anthony said...

    I love cooking I ev en have a cooking blog man dish....cant wait to try these..yummers;)

  2. Pricilla said...

    You just want me to be fat don't you?

  3. Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

    Black Forest Day?!! Wow, this day is REALLY shaping up!! Thanks!!

  4. Traci said...

    Proof that there is a day for everything. But then again, it's black forest cake so any excuse, right?
    :-)
    Traci

  5. Kel said...

    I love black forest cake, especially in Germany! I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog and I have an award waiting for you at http://betweenthelines-kam.blogspot.com.

  6. Pam Ponder said...

    yumm, I had no idea they had a day for that!!! thanks for letting me know

  7. Blackberry Jam Cafe said...

    I don't think I can resist these - they're going in the "one 2 try" file!
    Susan

  8. Midday Escapades said...

    You are so full of fun facts, Rita. Now can you send over a slice??