My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Crabmeat Day!

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 Posted by Rita A


This is not a cheap day by any means. Nor is it a day for those not fond of seafood. Today is National Crabmeat Day! Real crabmeat, not the imitation stuff. The real thing that the folks on Deadliest Catch are bringing us. When I think of crabmeat I think of crabcakes. One of my favorites. I was able to find recipes for crabcakes plus some other ways to use the delectable crabmeat.

From Allrecipes.com here is a list of their Best Crab Cake Recipes. A full top 20.

For something a little different, how about a crab and corn risotto from the Barefoot Kitchen Witch. Oh I bet that is powerful delicious.

At Evan's Kitchen Ramblings here is a crabmeat & laska pesto linguine recipe. Yum.

From All That Splatters - a scrumptious sounding Eggs Benedict with King crab. Can you say rich?

Finally my favorite CDKitchen has an entire list of Crab meat recipes sure to make you drool.

Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

  1. Evonne said...

    Words do not describe my love for crab! Thanks for sharing these - I definitely need to check them out!

  2. Riding the Roller Coaster said...

    MMMM, I LOVE crab! And funny I just had crab topped burgers for dinner.

  3. Veronica Lee said...

    I LOVE crab!! Thanks for sharing these!!

  4. Marla said...

    I am so embarrassed. I'm drooling.

  5. ham1299 said...

    Oooh, I LOVE crab! I might have to take the kiddos out tonight so I can get some ... thanks a lot for the idea! ;-)

  6. itwasyoublog said...

    mMm... now I'm craving for some crab!

  7. Self Sagacity said...

    I am so craving for crab lately, but the price went from $4.99 to $6.99 a pound. Sometimes I do spring if I am desperate, but not yet...:-) have a good weekennd.