My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Hot Dog Day!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 Posted by Rita A


Mmmmm hot dogs! Hot Dog what a great day! This is an interesting day because I seem to find it has two dates. Today and in late July. Hot Dogs I have discovered are a personal taste type of food. They are my dad's favorite meal. My mom and dad have actually taken a hot dog vacation of sorts. They had a list of hot dog places to go eat at while traveling. I grew up back East where I remember eating at Callahan's Hot Dogs. I still crave the taste of the fried hotdog paired with the chocolate Yoo-Hoo drink combo. Boy I miss that taste. Moving to California I found the wonderful Pink's hot dogs in Hollywood. Love the mushroom dog covered with swiss cheese. YUM. My usual hot dog made at home, ketchup with relish. I love the sweetness. I also make Slaw dogs with a nice amount of cole slaw slathered on the dog. The entire country has a different idea of what the hot dog should be. Chicago dogs, Coney Island dogs. Chili dogs. It is endless but oh so good!

Well I couldn't let the day go by without finding a few "Hot Dog" recipes. These are not the meaty kind of dogs but fun ones. Take a look!

From Family Fun - A recipe for Hot Dog Cupcakes using a circus peanut candy for the bun. So cute!

At Taste of Home - A recipe for Hot Dog Cookies made with a butter cookie recipe and coconut plus yellow frosting for the mustard. Adorable.

Featured at EasyCakeideas.com - A Hot Dog Cake made from a pound cake recipe which also includes pound cake french fries. Wouldn't that be fun for a birthday party?

At YumSugar - An easier version of the Hot Dog Cake made with store bought pound cake and Twinkies. Very clever.

Besides today being National Hot Dog Day, it is also Take a walk in the park day! If I take my dog to the park to walk and she gets a lot of sun, I guess I have a Hot Dog!

How do you like your hot dogs? Do you have a favorite Hot Dog restaurant I simply must try?

Enjoy your day!



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

7 comments:

  1. Ally said...

    We love hot dogs. I know they're so bad for you, but seriously, we love 'em.

    In NJ, the best hot dog joints are: Hot Grill and Rutt's Hut, there are so many more I just can't name them all.

    My favorite brand is Boarshead, I like the 40% less sodium and fat dogs, they're only 90 calories each.

  2. Steven Anthony said...

    I lover hotdogs, I only eat eckrich all beef ones and then smother them with chili and coleslaw...so good;)

  3. JDaniel4's Mom said...

    I really like Ball Park Franks!

  4. Meeko Fabulous said...

    Today is Hot Dog on a Stick's dollar Tuesday! :)

  5. Xmas Dolly said...

    Ya know, I really love hot dogs! Especially when you buy them out. They just don't taste the same when you make them at home. I know they're not good for the diet, but if I'm gonna cheat (I don't over indulge) let me cheat with a hot dog, and for all you people out there that come up in my face & say, "But do you know what they put in those things?" I have two words for you, "SHUT UP"! Somebody give me a hotdog & put some chili on it too! Unless you have a corndog layin' around! ~hehe~ Thanks for the tip!

  6. Melissa said...

    Please add my blog, I just started
    snickersncream.blogspot.com/

  7. Melissa said...

    Please add my blog, I just started
    snickersncream.blogspot.com/