My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Potato Chip Day!

Sunday, March 14, 2010 Posted by Rita A

Today is a crunchy day. It is National Potato Chip Day! I bet you did not know the potato chip was created in 1853 by George Crum. 1853 George Crum invents the Saratoga Chip, a thin French fry, now known as the potato chip. For more fascinating history of the potato chip visit idea finder.

I thought about finding recipes for home made chips but I wanted something different. I found recipes using potato chips. Everyone has there favorite chips. My family likes to put potato chips in a sandwich for added crunch.

From Art of Dessert - here is a recipe for a Crazy delicious egg free cookies filled with lots of goodies including potato chips. That's a lot of flavors going on in there.

At Vegetable Matter I found this simple Potato Chip Shortbread cookie recipe. I might make these. They sound pretty good.

From Relish Magazine - a mouthwatering Chip and Dip cookie recipe using potato chips and pretzels then dipped in two kinds of chocolate. Oh My! I will race you to make these!

There you have it everyone. If you can manage to hide a bag of chips from the munchers, consider making cookies with them. Yum!

Enjoy your day.

5 comments:

  1. Wanda said...

    I love how you track the days for us! I have a calendar that shows the "days," too, but it missed this one! And sometimes there's more than one "day" on a "day," which is great fun. Did you know that Tuesday 3/16 will be Everything You Do Is Right Day? Where's my lemonade - I'll drink to that!
    Wanda

  2. Matthew T. said...

    National Potato chip day. I never knew that. These recipes look great. Thanks for the post!

  3. Teddy Started It said...

    Ha HA! I knew there was a reason I was craving potato chips today! Actually, potato chips are my favorite food -- to the extent that I don't dare keep them in the house. But I had a tiny bag of them today and they were so yummy. My 2nd favorite food is shortbread. Now that I know I can combine the two, I'm in BIG trouble!!

  4. Frugal Vicki said...

    Just what I need, a way to turn my semi-healthy snack and add it to fatty chips and chocolate.

  5. Amethyst Moon said...

    Thanks! Potato chips are an addiction for me, and to think I can now put em in my cookies! Yum!!