My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Pound Cake Day!

Thursday, March 04, 2010 Posted by One 2 Try

I shouldn't put my self through this recipe searching being on Nutrisystem and all but there are no calories in staring at yummy treats! Today is National Pound Cake Day! How many of you have a Sara Lee Pound Cake in your freezer? Take it out and serve it tonight as dessert.

For those ambitious I found a fabulous assortment of Pound Cake recipes. It was hard to choose from all the delicious ones featured at foodgawker.

At Home Baked Memories - a family favorite of Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake.

From Our Ordinary Day here is a scrumptious sounding Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pound Cake. Oh my.

At A Hippie with a Minivan (love the name) is featured a Ricotta Vanilla pound cake recipe that sounds so decadent.

If those were not what you are looking for, CD Kitchen has 25 recipes all in honor of National Pound Cake Day.

Insert drool! I am putting on my walking shoes and dreaming of pound cakes.

Enjoy your day!

6 comments:

  1. The Pipster said...

    Yum, pound cake! I love lemon pound cake. Not so great for the waistline.

  2. Amy said...

    Hi Rita- thanks for the Pound Cake Day heads up! I've got some fat free, calorie free Lemon Pound Cake over on my blog today! ;)

    http://beanstreetmarket.blogspot.com/2010/03/national-pound-cake-day.html

  3. Auntie E said...

    Pound cake day huh, Well I have lot of birthdays so I think maybe all make one for the adults at the birthday party, Oh I just had a thought, so early for me too, Chocolate Fountain+Pound cake....

  4. janet said...

    LOVE pound cake!!! I have a cream cheese pound cake that is a staple around our house.

  5. Michelle Ioapo A'etonu said...

    I'm a part of Friday Follow, thanks to you. What a great idea!

    http://michelleandmaluaetonu.blogspot.com

  6. Kristina said...

    I feel your pain! My nursing 5 mo old has a dairy allergy so NO dairy for me = no yummy pound cake! BUMMER!

    Following from Friday Follow...

    Kristina