My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Take It All Off Thursday! - Nutrisystem Update.

Thursday, April 01, 2010 Posted by Rita A


I am starting my second month of Nutrisystem. Yesterday I had a Doctors appointment. My doctor is thrilled to see the results of my weight loss journey. Since the last time I saw her, and she recommended I seriously consider dropping some weight,... I have lost 18 pounds. I started my weight loss trek this past January and lost 8 pounds on my own before getting started with Nutrisystem.

My Nutrisystem weight loss to date in 5 weeks time is 10 pounds! WooHoo! That is a good rate to safely lose. My doctor was so impressed with my success she said I have motivated her to get active. She asked me how I liked the Nutrisystem program and why I feel is it working for me.

I explained the Nutrisystem works for me because I like the structure of the program but the flexibility to make my own food choices within the menu. It is easy for me to see in writing, in the meal planner, what components of a meal I should be eating. I like being able to choose from the Nutrisystem meals, the foods I feel like eating for the day. I get to choose the fruits and vegetables to accompany my Nutrisystem menu item. Structure works for me!

It has been easy for me to stick to but not without a few hiccups along the way. I seem to be struggling with getting a variety of vegetables. I keep choosing the same veggies. Fruit I am okay with because I like a lot of fruits. Luckily I have been so satisfied I have not had many food cravings.

My husband supports my weight loss efforts even though he says he loves me the way I am. Insert Awwww. He has mentioned that dinner time is no fun around here anymore. I am on my Nutrisystem and his dad, who comes over quite often for dinner, recently had lap band surgery. Between the two of us, not much cooking is happening in my kitchen.

Which brings me to today's point. How do you take care of yourself and your weight loss goals, when you have an entire family to cook meals for?

Do you feel tempted when they get to eat the hot, salty french fries while you eat a healthy spinach salad?

How do you find the willpower when you are cooking two meals?

My answer is not what hubby likes to hear. Many times he makes his own meals. When I do cook, I find it is better to make my meals first and eat, so I am not hungry while making his. Then I can safely make his without being tempted. I keep my crunchy veggies handy while I make his steak or burgers or chicken so if I get the urge to munch, I grab a celery or something. It helps me control the desire to devour taste his meat and potatoes meals. So far it has been working. I am seeing success. I am feeling better. My clothes are much looser. I am planning a nice beach vacation for this summer maybe to Hawaii with my new and improved Nutrisystem body! Hubby get your credit card ready!

Many thanks to Nutrisystem for providing the program for my weight loss journey.

Disclosure: I received a gratis Nutrisystem program in exchange for my weekly reviews. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.




Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

7 comments:

  1. Momma Fargo said...

    Awesome! Great job!

  2. SueDohNihm said...

    Great work! I am terrible about munching as I cook, making sure everything tastes just right. So I keep a bowl of fresh baby carrots on the counter while I am cooking and I munch from there. If it is something I absolutely love, I will measure out a very small amount onto a cup saucer and eat it slowly just to curb that "must have it" feeling. Keep up the great work :-)

  3. lfhpueblo said...

    You lost weight before starting Nutrisystem and then with it. My hubby lost weight about 20 lbs. or a little more in 3 months with Nutrisystem and then another 10 pounds by portion control since he's been off Nutrisystem. So they have to be doing something right. He used the Nutrisystem D program.

  4. Sarah said...

    That's Great! Thanks for sharing. I'm also having a giveaway for a super cute and trendy diaper changing pad if your interested. Come check it out

    http://bloggerchixdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/03/giveaway-skip-hop-pronto-changing-pad.html

  5. Babes Mami said...

    Hey wanted to pop in and say thanks for following my blog!!

  6. breasmommy said...

    Congratulations I can't wait to see how Nutrisystem continues to work for you! I am now following you through Friday Follower!

  7. The Grasshoppa:Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

    Congratulations. Spring has arrived and it always make me want to get outside and get active!

    Now if I could just kick the chocolate addiction :)