My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Amaretto Day!

Monday, April 19, 2010 Posted by Rita A

Amaretto is an Italian sweet almond-flavoured liqueur. It is made from a base of apricot or almond pits, or sometimes both (per Wikipedia). Many recipes are made with the distintive taste of Amaretto for a lovely rich almond flavor.

In honor of National Amaretto day, here are a few different types of recipes mostly for sweet treats.

From Italian Dessert Recipes - I found two incredible sounding recipes made with amaretto. Amaretto Cookies - looks yummy, and Chocolate Tarts both made with Amaretto.

From Bella Eats comes Almond Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches with Amaretto Frosting. These are delectable cookie sandwiches.

For a richer dessert - My Gourmet Connection features a Creamy Amaretto Cheesecake. Oh my that sounds so delicious.

Finally from one of my favorite foodie sites, cdkitchen, has over 200 recipes made with amaretto. Here she compiled a nice list of recipes to try.

Cheers!
Enjoy your day!



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

6 comments:

  1. Midday Escapades said...

    Cheers to National Amaretto Day! Pass me a cookie, please. :0)

  2. Beth said...

    Ooo, thanks for the head's up! I'll have to celebrate when I get home ;)

  3. e-Mom said...

    Yes, almond amaretto... love it! But a National Day of Celebration? Well, why not?

    e-Mom @ Susannah's {Kitchen} Aprons
    http://susannahsaprons.blogspot.com

  4. Susan M. Heim said...

    Mmmm, I've always loved Amaretto. I'm glad to hear there's even a special day for it!

  5. Michelle Ioapo A'etonu said...

    Oh my! I love amaretto! I want to try the chocolate cookie sandwiches with amaretto frosting!

  6. afineday said...

    I knew today was a good day for some reason! :)