My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Blueberry Pie Day!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 Posted by Rita A

A few years back I read a book called American Pie: Slices of Life (and Pie) from America's Back Roads. It is a journey book of a writer that ventured by car across the country in search of the perfect pie along the way. I remember after reading about all the wonderful pies across the country I was on a big fruit pie eating mission. I could not get enough pie, and still love it. I am happy to say today is National Blueberry Pie day! Who can resist the decadent dark juices of a fresh baked, blueberry pie wrapped in a flaky crust with a dollop of fresh whipped cream? Mmmm.

Recipes for the day:

Velvet Lava Cafe - Flueberry Frumble Frie (blueberry crumble pie). Blueberries, lemon zest and an oh so good looking brown sugar crumple top.

cdkitchen - A wonderful recipe listing of over 20 Blueberry Pies for the occasion. Make one or two!

Savory Bites - If you have leftover Blueberry pie filling you can make these Almond Blueberry Bars. I bet those are scrumptious. Definitely going on my One 2 Try list.

Go out and get some blueberry pie today or better yet, fresh blueberries and make one. I see that blueberry all over your face.

Enjoy your day!



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth said...

    I love blueberry pie!
    I have a great fresh blueberry pie receipe that is so easy even I can make it! Yay for pie!

  2. LAMusing said...

    How did I miss National Blueberry Pie Day!? Hmmm... gonna have some anyway :)