My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Pecan Day!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 Posted by Rita A


Today is National Pecan Day! Those sweet tasty pecans that are so scrumptious in many types of foods. You can find pecans in sweets such as pecan pie, butter pecan ice cream, cookies or the famous pecan logs to added in salads or used in cooking as a coating. The ways to use pecans are unlimited. Or you can always do what my dad does and eat them straight! I have learned it is not wise to get in between my dad and pecans! He loves them.

The recipes are so vast for pecans I could not decide on a direction to go. Here is a sampling of what I found in the sweet treat pecan goodness.

At Cook & Be Merry - here is a delicious looking Maple Pecan Bread recipe which also includes recipes for topping the Maple Pecan Bread. Wish I had smellavision!

From Butteryum - here is a decadent recipe for Ina's Pecan Squares with lots of photos for instruction. Mmmmm they look so tasty!

On Bake Me More - I found a holiday recipe for scrumptious Pecan Logs. What a sweet treat to be able to make at home.

Whichever way you like to have pecans, try searching for pecan recipes and you will be amazed. Save some pecans for my dad!

Enjoy your day!



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

5 comments:

  1. Steven Anthony said...

    I love pecans...cant wait to try these recipes out;)

  2. Kathy said...

    I made English Toffee today with pecans....yum!

  3. Xmas Dolly said...

    I love those pecans you get hot like at Great America in that cone - they are sooooo good, but not today. Waiting to go to the dentist on Saturday due to a broken tooth! :-(

  4. Jennifer @ Giveaways and More! said...

    Thank goodness my mother-in-law made a salad with pecans! We celebrated them tonight!

  5. Angelica said...

    I love pecans, but I can't cook with them, the hubby and kiddo are allergic, but I try to find ways to sneak them :)