My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Pigs in a Blanket Day!

Saturday, April 24, 2010 Posted by Rita A

Today is National Pigs in a Blanket Day! Yum! We have made these many times in my family. We use regular refrigerated pop open biscuits and wrap the hot dogs. Bake in the oven and eat! Simple and oh so tasty.

I personally like the pancake type pigs in a blanket with the sausage in the middle. Oooh I will have to make those soon.

Here are some recipes for Pigs in a Blanket Day.

From Dunkin Cooking The Semi Homemade Way - She is featuring Bacon Wrapped Hogs. Hers are made with kielbasa and puff pastry with bacon! This one will please the guys!

Cdkitchen always has something good for the National Days. Her list contains 7 pigs in a blanket recipes.

Whichever way you like your pigs in a blanket, today we celebrate them! I just might have to make some for dinner tonight!

Enjoy your day!



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

7 comments:

  1. Laura PARING DOWN said...

    I love the idea of SEVEN different ways to make pigs in a blanket. AWESOME!

    Have a super weekend,
    Laura

  2. glenda09 said...

    I didn't know they had their own day! How cute!

    Me and Mine in a Small Town

  3. TS Hendrik said...

    Clearly one of the most delicious days of the year!

  4. Mrs. Lovely said...

    Oh I haven't had pigs in a blanket in a long time!! They would be tasty.. yummm

  5. The Gosfam said...

    I make pigs in a blanket using little smokies and pillsbury crescents. Turn out so YUMMY!!

  6. Angelica said...

    I was so close to making these today, and I make 'em just like The Gosfam :)

  7. Tiffany said...

    Thanks for this heads up! I was a day late and served the family pigs in a blanket for dinner Sunday night. I paired them with mac and cheese and it was a hit!