My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Dyson DC25 Animal - Review

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 Posted by Rita A


Dyson has been a very influential leader in vacuum innovation. From the very first Dyson models to the latest Dyson Ball™ feature each Dyson seems to bring cleaning to a whole new level. Here is something you may not know, Dyson vacuums are certified asthma and allergy friendly by the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America. Why is that important? Today May 4th, is World Asthma Day. If someone in your home has asthma, take a moment to visit GINA - Global Initiative for Asthma. Here you will find information, guidelines and ways you can help support World Asthma Day to bring attention to Asthma.

In my home we suffer from allergies and they can be pretty bad at this time of year. Luckily we are not allergic to pets. We have two cats and two dogs. Needless to say I have a small shed factory in the home. It is much worse when the warm weather starts coming because they all start getting rid of their winter coats. I recently had a great conversation with Dyson about the new Animal vacuums specifically designed to help with pet hair issues. My eyes lit up. You can not imagine how many vacuums I have gone through in the past few years trying to find the perfect one that does the trick. Courtesy of Dyson, they were so kind to send me a Dyson DC25 Animal for review. Thank you very much Dyson for your generosity. I am thrilled to share my experience.



Enter the Dyson DC25 Animal. This is an awesome new vacuum for any pet owner. I love the DC25 for it utilizes the new Dyson Ball™ system. I found it a breeze to push around. It does turn as simply as described in the advertising. I did not have to move much furniture! It went right around corners and got real close to the items so easy! I wanted to put it to the test against my current H-word vacuum. First I vacuumed with my H-word model and thought it was pretty clean. Next I used the Dyson DC25 Animal on the same location and wow did I get more pet hair up from the same spot I just vacuumed. Hmmm. Made me think about clean a little more. Not satisfied with the little area I did, I then vacuumed a much larger room with the H-word Vacuum. Now it was Dyson's turn. I again was astonished by the amount of pet fur and dirt that the DC25 Animal picked up after the first vacuuming. Shock is more like it!

I loved the functionality of the DC25. The handle extends to be the Quick-draw Telescope Reach™ wand cleaning tool and it does include accessories that attach to the vacuum body. The dirt cup is very easy to clean by removing the cup, pressing a release button over the trash can and poof, all the yucky dirt dumps with a breeze. Simple. The filter is a lifetime Washable HEPA filter for clean air being expelled. You can use the DC25 Animal on carpet or bare floors with the press of a button, you control the brushbar on either type of flooring. I like the convenience of easy switching for my floors. My hallway is all wood with the rooms being carpet. No vacuum level adjustment is needed. Press the button and keep going. The DC25 Animal is very powerful and I could see the results in the clear dirt bin. The dirt bin holds .31 gallons of yuckiness.

I love my Dyson DC25 Animal. It looks sharp, it works incredibly and is so easy to use. My one wish for Dyson is to create a retractable cord feature for the next lineup of vacuums. That is my favorite feature of my H-word vacuum. I hate wrapping the cord around the back of the vacuum. It is so tedious. This is a long cord too measuring 24.6 ft. Thats a lot of wrapping. The only issue I had is while I was running the DC25, my dogs were going crazy. It emits a different sound than my other vacuum. Mostly they just leave the room but with the DC25, they were both howling and barking. I wonder what caused that? They did it each time. Not so with the H-word. Weird. There maybe something to the Animal name.

Considering purchasing a Dyson vacuum? The Dyson Warranty on all new upright and canister vacuums is 5 years on parts and labor. You can find Dyson at many major retailers or you can order direct online from Dyson. Free shipping -Buy online from Dyson.com for free shipping on all uprights, canisters, handhelds and fans. Great Savings.

Speaking of new Dyson technology, have you seen the new Dyson Air Multiplier™ fan? Oooh I have to check that out.

Many thanks to Dyson for providing the review product.

Disclosure: I received a gratis product for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.




Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

2 comments:

  1. Ashley said...

    Thanks for the review. I had the DC24 and it did not pick up hair from my two dogs so I have been debating getting the Animal.

  2. Leiah said...

    I knew the boyfriend really loved me when he bought me this. I have never been more excited to have a vacuum cleaner in my entire life - I love it! When my house was robbed, after I saw my laptop was gone I ran to see if my Dyson was there...whew it was! Now I want the hand-held. Like really bad.