My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

I have been preoccupied for a few days.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 Posted by Rita A

I have been a little absent from One 2 Try the past few days. I have had a turn of events involving my new puppy Fonzie that I introduced last week. Fonzie got pretty ill and I had to take him to the Vet. The diagnosis is Parvo. Poor little guy is staying at the vet hospital with IV's and getting all sorts of treatment. We are hoping we caught it in time. I have been spending a lot of hours at the vet hospital to comfort him while he is there. The Vet said I could stay as long as I wanted so I sit with him asleep on my lap so he knows I am there for him.

This was an unexpected kick in the gutt. Never did we anticipate this happening when we adopted him. We are hoping for the best. He is getting excellent care and it is a matter of time to see how he responds to treatment. So far so good. They got him to eat today, he just needs to be able to keep it all down.

Parvo is a serious canine disease. Please make sure your dogs are properly vaccinated. Funny thing is Fonzie was vaccinated with the first shot and he still got it. The vet thinks he had it already before the vaccination. Be aware of exposure areas to other dogs. There is no cure for Parvo, it takes willpower and strength for the dogs to overcome it with the proper treatments from the Vet. Needless to say we had to basically strip the entire house and clean with bleach everywhere. Toys, beds, carpets, floors, everywhere that would have been in contact with Fonzie. My home smells like a clorox bottle.

Hang in there little Fonzie. Be strong and get better so you can come home soon. We miss your pitter patter around here.

11 comments:

  1. Punken said...

    How is little Fonzie doing today?

  2. One 2 Try said...

    When I saw him earlier today they had just fed him for the first time while I was there. He scarfed it right down. I gave him one of his toys and he started playing with it right away. He cries when I leave. I will be going back to visit him again later this afternoon.

  3. edshunnybunny said...

    So sorry that little Fonzie got Parvo. Our family knows all too well about Parvo. I wrote a post about it a few days ago. It sounds like little Fonzie is doing better if he's willing to eat. He'll look like "death warmed over" for a while. Parvo is rough--and so is the vet bill...our family has been there, done that!Best wishes to Fonzie!

  4. Bonnie said...

    I'll be praying for your sweet lil' puppy! Please take care!

    xoxo,
    Bonnie

  5. ~*Katie*~ said...

    Poor little guy! I hope he gets better soon!!!

  6. Julee said...

    Wishing you and yours joy in the reunion when Fonize makes his full recovery!

  7. Joyful Girl Naturals said...

    Hugs to you and Fonzie!

  8. Jackie said...

    I hope Fonzie is doing better. Please keep us posted.

  9. Lady Hill said...

    I am so sorry to hear about Fonzie! I am a huge animal lover and will be sending Fozie and your family all the good vibes I can.
    Please keep us all posted!

    fromlazytolady.blogspot.com

  10. Karen B said...

    So sorry to hear about your puppy. Hope he recoups quickly and is home soon. {{{HUGS}}}

  11. afineday said...

    Sending good thoughts for Fonzie's speedy recovery...((Hugs))