My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Random Recipes - Broccoli Blossom Salad

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 Posted by Rita A


This salad recipe comes from a Family Circle Magazine from April 1964. I have a box of old magazines from hubby's grandmother that sure is fun to dig through.

Broccoli Blossom Salad

Sweet-sour dressing season thin slices of crisp broccoli dotted with bacon chips.

1 bunch broccoli (about 2 pounds)
6 slices bacon, diced
1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
Dash of pepper

1. Cut broccoli flowerets from stems, Wash flowerets then cut lengthwise into very thin slices. Place in a large salad bowl.
2. Saute bacon until crisp in a medium size frying pan; remove and drain on paper towel, then add to broccoli in bowl.
3. Pour drippings into a cup; measure 2 tablespoons back into pan. Add onion and saute just until soft. Stir in remaining ingredients; simmer about 3 minutes.
4. Pour over broccoli and bacon; toss to mix well. Serve while warm.

Yum. So the secret to getting the guys to eat broccoli is bacon. Definitely One 2 Try.

Enjoy your day!



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

6 comments:

  1. Angela @ Nine More Months said...

    The secret to getting guys to eat ANYTHING is bacon. This sounds yummy though, similar to the broccoli salad at Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes that I love so much!

  2. dor said...

    This sounds so good. I am trying it this week. Thanks so much.

  3. Busy Working Mama said...

    Yum! I love bacon :) And broccoli!

  4. Michelle said...

    Looks like a good recipe.
    I'm digging through my mom's recipes.
    Brings back memories.

  5. Kelly L said...

    Yummy and so healthy...

    Love to you
    Kelly
    I've Become My Mother

  6. charryse said...

    I have made one like this before and it was really yummy. I think it had raisins in it to. Thanks for the ideas.