My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Take it all off Thursday! - Nutrisystem Update

Thursday, June 24, 2010 Posted by One 2 Try

I missed my update for Nutrisystem last week. I was on a mini family vacation. For those of you not familiar with my story, I have been on the Nutrisystem program for the last 17 weeks courtesy of Nutrisystem. Up to this date I have lost 17 pounds in my first 12 weeks. I am thrilled. Although I have reached a plateau of epic proportions. I have been at the same weight for the last 5 weeks. It is as if my body is at its perfect weight and won't let it go. The reason I say that is for many years, I was at this weight. It would not budge. No matter what I did it was the weight I was always at.

With the guidance of my Nutrisystem contact, she has suggested I try switching the meals around by eating dinner for lunch and lunch for dinner. I actually liked eating the larger meal at lunchtime. I hate eating heavy in the evening. I tried it and still no budging on the scale. I know I have been losing inches somewhere because my clothes fit different and I did buy a smaller size of clothes.

So what am I to do? Short of running a marathon, I have been trying to get more walking and exercise in. On vacation we walked a lot! I managed my foods choices very well on vacation too!

I have made a plan to take time out of each day to get myself to the gym. The weather is warming up and I love to swim so I will be jumping in my pool lots more too. I need to start doing more strength training or something to break through this cycle. I am so excited to have lost the 17 pounds and not gained any back! Not it is time to turn up the heat and move those extra pounds off!

The Nutrisystem program is a tool to help and it does work for me. I am the one that needs to take the tool and use it towards my weight loss goal. The meals are tasty, the program is easy to follow and it is giving me better nutrition. I am also going to try different vegetables and proteins to break the "my body is used to it" cycle. It is a little frustrating, but if I use the frustration towards motivation.....I can break this plateau.

Many thanks to Nutrisystem for providing the program for my weight loss journey.

Disclosure: I received a gratis Nutrisystem program in exchange for my weekly reviews. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.




Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

1 comments:

  1. Wendi P said...

    Yay Rita!! Going on vacation and not gaining any weight is a major feat when you have been dieting. Keep up the good work :-)