My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Gingerbread Day!

Saturday, June 05, 2010 Posted by Rita A

Okay - who thought of National Gingerbread Day at the beginning of the summer season. When I think of gingerbread, I picture the cute holiday cookies all frosted in reds and greens. Well gingerbread is not just a wintertime treat. There are gingerbread cakes, everyday cookies, cupcakes and even pancakes.

I found a few recipes for today, National Gingerbread Day that made we want to have the spicy sweet goodness.

Two Coast Table - features a lovely Gingerbread cookie recipe that is drizzled with white and milk chocolate for something decadent.

Squirrel Bread - has a Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie. It looks like it would melt in your mouth.

One Cake Two Cake - makes delicious looking Gingerbread Bars with white chocolate cream cheese frosting. YUM!

Recipe Girl - This is a Halloween recipe for Gingerbread Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting. I love anything with pumpkin so this is going in my One 2 Try recipes.

No Special Effects - For something different here is a Steamed Gingerbread Pudding recipe. I bet that is scrumptious warm from the oven. Check out the additional recipes for gingerbread at the bottom of the post.

Enjoy your day!



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

3 comments:

  1. JDaniel4's Mom said...

    I need to try the squirrel bread.

  2. Midday Escapades said...

    Gingerbread always brings good memories for me. I so enjoy these national days you discover. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend, Rita.

  3. rose said...

    gingerbread makes me think of cooler days not summer, but if you like it ok the season doesn't matter. rose