My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Today is National Root Beer Float Day!

Friday, August 06, 2010 Posted by Rita A

What a refreshing day for summer. It is National Root Beer Float Day! Grab a root beer and some vanilla ice cream to make the sweet drink for everyone today! Yum.

In honor of National Root Beer Float day, here are a few root beer related recipes I found to try.

From Smitten Kitchen - Root Beer Float Cupcakes. I love the photos. They look so yummy!

Confessions of a Cookbook Queen - Another Root Beer Float Cupcake. It follows a very funny mystery story.

Erin Cooks - Root Beer Float Ice Pops. They take a little bit of work but I bet they are a real cool tasty treat.

Here is a cake recipe of mine that is a perfect fit.

Root Beer Float Cake

1 (18.25oz) package yellow cake mix
1 (12oz) bottle root beer
¼ cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
Root Beer Glaze
Vanilla Ice cream

1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at low speed with an electric mixer until dry ingredients are moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 12 cup Bundt Pan.

2. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until a long wooden pick or skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool on wire rack.

3. Pierce top of cake at 2 inch intervals with a long wooden pick. Pour glaze evenly over cake. Cool completely before serving. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 1 (10 inch) cake.

Root Beer Glaze
½ cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons root beer

Stir together sugar and root beer until smooth.

Enjoy your day!



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

7 comments:

  1. Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife said...

    yum!!! I'll have to give this recipe a try some time. thanks for posting :-)

  2. MStrickland96 said...

    Yummy! I will have to tell my husband, he loves root beer!

  3. Yona Williams said...

    This recipe sounds delicious! Gotta try this sometime.

  4. Xmas Dolly said...

    OMG I totally love root beer floats, and so does my husband. I'm definitely going to have to copy this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

  5. Acting Balanced Mom said...

    yum!

  6. Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

    Yum! My nephew is a root beer float fanatic!

  7. Aries said...

    Root Beer is my favorite drink. Never know there are Rood Beer cup cakes before. These I must try.